Creative House-to-House Time Wasting Manuevers

by Black Man 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

up..................

• Black Man
    Black Man

Scully:

Hahaha......so you were the one that would throw the tract out the window that would be found by a passer-by who was directed by angels to pick up the tract and get on the road to life...............

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

It goes to show you that the reporting time thing is all about prestige and control.

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

The sevice overseer made new territories. I checked one out for service. He didn't realize there were only 8 houses in the whole territory. I had to work it 3 times to get my time in.

Sorry. Bad joke but I couldn't resist. I havent't been in service in 5 years. Up to then only 2 times in the previuos 3. As a kid and early adult, coffee break was the only reason to go out. I'll never forget how the dubs would be quite timid about new CO. No one would mention "break" until the new CO did and that guy would set the tone for the next 3 years. Everyone was happy or annoyed depending an what the CO did. A bunch of posers would inflict the new CO's "break" rule in his absence. Keep in mind that these are the same guys who in real life could barely hold a part time job as an apprentice food chewer, but they were the "Shepard's of the Flock". What a crock.

CCS

• Scully
    Scully

Scully:

Hahaha......so you were the one that would throw the tract out the window that would be found by a passer-by who was directed by angels to pick up the tract and get on the road to life...............

No, no! That wasn't me.... I never did the Pioneer™ thing. The Elders™ told me that they didn't think I was qualified to Pioneer™. It was ok, however to use my car and my gas whenever the Pioneers™ wanted to go in Service™.

Thanks for bumping this one... I was thinking about it the other day.

I got a visit from a JW (former friend) who wanted to make sure that I received an invitation to the District Convention this weekend.

We engaged in a little small talk first - it was after dinner and she must have been watching the house to make sure that Mr Scully wasn't there - and then when she produced the tract, I said "Don't tell me I'm one of your Return Visits™!" in an I'm-joking-but-not-really kind of tone. She looked at me like a kid who's been caught in their mom's purse. She immediately flushed with embarrassment... and tried to change the subject. It was a very brief conversation after that. Funny how that happens when you catch a JW using you to pad their Field Service Report™.

• penny2
    penny2

Everything in this thread is what really peeved me off when I started "pioneering". I couldn't believe it. I really thought I was going to be finding "sheeplike" people, studying with them and saving their lives.

What a lot of time wasted.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I sure am glad this thread got bumped up... oldie but goodie.

My Routine while Pioneering(tm)

Start at 6:45 by leaving a tract under the receiver at a phone booth or in a laundry mat (never mind that both were in someone else's territory, just closer to my house to start my Time™.

Meet rest of early morning group at 7. Make sure to drive so as to control the route and order of people getting out. Make sure other 4 people get their Time™ started. Go through drive thru for coffee/soda, etc. Better if you have to hit 2 or 3 places to satisfy everyone. Maybe leave tract with someone.

Make sure that other 4 people hit the laundromats that have people in them. Praise them for having extra long good chats. Encourages such behavior in the future.

Be sure to go to unattended apartment laundry rooms to leave magazines. Leave 2 2006 Back Issues. (Be Make sure to take out the 23 1999 Craptowers already there and throw them back in book bag for later recycling.)

Make sure to do laundry room in apartment in rural area 30 min away. Assure group that Time(tm) continues as long as we are Productive(tm) ...relate experiences to distract.

850 a.m. Make sure to get to Field Service Meeting(tm) 10 min early. Encourage talking afterwards....leave KH at 930am. Hit Eternal Not-At-Home(R) on the way to rural territory.

(Make sure to be Car Captain. Be sure to have odd number. Volunteer as Resident Pioneer(tm) or Elder(tm) to work by yourself so the Sisters(tm) dont have to...praised for unselfish attitude.) Do fake door bell ring/soft knock to prevent waking Householder (tm) while working by oneself.

1025a.m. Ask if anyone needs to freshen up/get coffee....end up at Hardee's, where there are 7 other car groups already starting on their 3/4 Thickburger Combo Meal (1500 cal). Why the hell are they eating THAT so damn early. Stay until 1115.

1115-Noon(ish).... go on Perpetual Return Visits Social Calls..Bonus time if they start Study (tm).

If you must go out in afternoon, just claim to have prearranaged studies and RVs....no, no, have to do these by myself. Be sure to turn in Bible Study Reports(tm) for these phantom studies., in case you have diligent Service Overseer(tm) or Secretary(tm) that asks about them. If called on to take CO(tm) on these calls, just say, "Oh, so-and-so died last week." (Remember to turn in one last report for dead phantom study...create new phantom study next month to take their place.)

Routine after I stopped Pioneering and became an elder: Do Early Morning Routine with Group at 7....meet for service at 9...get group out....go home and back to bed.

Current Routine.... dont bother anymore...turn in 2-3 hours of phantom time and a couple of phantom return visits to prevent Shepherding Calls On Inactive

SnakesInTheTower (of the "Sleeping in on Saturdays" Sheep Class)

• blondie
    blondie
    We engaged in a little small talk first - it was after dinner and she must have been watching the house to make sure that Mr Scully wasn't there - and then when she produced the tract, I said "Don't tell me I'm one of your Return Visits™!" in an I'm-joking-but-not-really kind of tone. She looked at me like a kid who's been caught in their mom's purse. She immediately flushed with embarrassment... and tried to change the subject. It was a very brief conversation after that. Funny how that happens when you catch a JW using you to pad their Field Service Report™.

Scully, that's so true. I once commented to the elders that if elders could "count their time" to shepherd the flock, there would be more "shepherding" the rank and file. I know some on here have told me that elders do, but it is unofficially. Even the rank and file, if directed by the elder body, can call on a baptized person or study with them, they can "count the time."

I loved it when they would stop "just" to use the bathroom...not to bathe of course. hahaha.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit