More fun with witness urban myths.....

by integ 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Buster
    Buster

Surprised no one mentioned this little item ...

In spite of the WTS' insistance, these two sisters went to go see "The Exorcist." At some point in the middle, they realized that it had been a mistake. When they went to leave, they found they could not get up - some force was holding them down.

Damn loons.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I remember being told the one during the nazi years some brothers were running from the nazis.All of a sudden a shot rings out and the nice fellow who had been studying with the JW's gets killed.Since it was wartime and the JW's were banned they had never asked this guy his name.They decided to retrieve their literature from their dead friend's coat and keep going.Well,when they did so,his wallet and personal papers fell out.Turns out he was a nazi who had infiltrated the local congregation of JW's so he could identify them all.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

in a central american country rebel soldiers stopped two young men walking along the road and told them they were to join them or they would be shot...the boys said they were witnesses and that they were neutral and the gang leader said if you are witnesses you will know the days text for today and pulled out an examining the scriptures daily out of his pocket to check...lucky for the boys they had done their days text that morning..so they survived...bit of a shame though for any jw family that did it regular as clockwork... at teatime

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

*** yb02 p. 17 Highlights of the Past Year ***

In many countries, building Kingdom Halls was very challenging and used to take a long time. Some congregations would meet in rented facilities for months?or even years?while construction continued. In one unfinished Kingdom Hall in an African land, a wild parrot took up nesting in the ceiling rafters. Soon the parrot was whistling along with the Kingdom songs, which no one seemed to mind. Work progressed so slowly that the parrot learned to imitate the Watchtower Study conductor, even calling brothers and sisters by name! Eventually, the Kingdom Hall was finished, and the parrot had to find another residence

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Work progressed so slowly that the parrot learned to imitate the Watchtower Study conductor, even calling brothers and sisters by name!

I am surprised the parrot didn't start giving public talks.

The one I heard as a kid my sister told me this story as if it happened first hand was the one about the kids playing with the wigi board. One of the children who was either a JW or was studying asks the board who their leader was and the board answered Satan. The board also said the time was short and that Armageddon was coming soon.

Will

• crownboy
    crownboy

I remember one about a pioneer couple who had invited the CO over for lunch but were short on money. They had just enough money to make their rent (or essential ultilty bill?), but since they had promised to have the CO over they decided to spend some of the money on food to prepare a meal for the CO (and be able to bask in his spirituality, I guess). Some time after having the meal but before their bill was due, they find some sort of envelope with the exact amount of money their rent (or bill) was worth. So now they had their bill paid as well as the extra money they still had. Presumably they had this serrendiptious experience due to their faith in Jehovah to provide for them. I excuse myself for having believed this drivel because I was about 9 or 10 when I heard it .

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

another true story, by valid sources:

a jw youngster has an accident and is brought to the hospital. the evil doctors tells him a blood transfusion would be necessary. he explains he'd be a jw and jw's don't do blood, because j-ho don't like that. because of his age the doctor decides to test if our young brother's really serious about his faith, so he asks him to list all the books of the bible.

JUST IMAGINE IF HE WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN ALL THE BOOKS BY HEART!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

When we were cleaning out the KH one Sat afternoon because we needed to make room for a new CO * the KH had a nice 800 sq. foot apartment for the CO's*...we ran across a bunch of old records from either a prior CO or Bethel visit or whatever.

My friend David and I were both 16 at the time and having fun with all of this. *Keep in mind we were also trying to look busy so as not to do a whole lot of work*. Anyway when one of the elders saw the records *Worldly Music keep in mind* he told us to break the records and throw them away.

When the elder's wife asked us how it was going we said that the records were tough to break and going slowly. We showed her how hard the records were to break....but with a good heave ho, they would break.

Somehow at the following meeting this event became that David and I ran across some "obviously Satanic music" in God's house and in the process of destroying it found it unbelievably difficult to destroy. David and I were snickering in the back row. This then later became a rallying point that someone obviously was trying to "sneak in" Satanic influences into the KH....thus why the KH was having problems.

I never knew old Elvis, Deep Purple, and the Beatles were so evil. I still laugh about those kooks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit