My tribute to the Pope, also the best picture of him ever!! >>>>>

by WingCommander 17 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

APRIL FOOLS!! You all fell for it. This has got to be the best depiction ever of the Pope........makes me laugh every time!

From South Park, of course.................

Wing Commander

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=south+park+pope/v=2/SID=e/TID=I012_76/l=IVS/SIG=129lcu3rm/EXP=1112468043/*-http%3A//www.csps.minx.co.uk/epiimgs/410/sp410_pope.jpg

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

OK,

So my whole life ,I have heard the make fun of the Pope , jokes.

This is a guy who gave who whole life to what he believed in, and lived it.

So later on in life he got a pope mobile, and lived in the lap of luxury. And then he got old and is dying.

Did he ever believe in everlasting life on this earth?

So why the sorrow for the Catholics? They should be rejoicing for his return to God? or is he a god, or another Jesus..I am so confused... where are my Pandas and soccer balls???

• Jaypeeto1
    Jaypeeto1

We Catholics do not regard the pope as a god. He is the successor to the office of St. Peter. As for that picture of him from South Park, it looks like he is holding either a cellphone or a corn-dog in his hand, I can't figure out which. Love, Jaypeeto1

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

So he helps St. Peter hold open the gates?

• Undecided
    Undecided
    He is the successor to the office of St. Peter

I didn't know Peter had an office, what was his title? Was he CEO of the early Christains. I would think Paul would be jealous.

Ken P.

• Heatmiser
  • GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:We Catholics do not regard the pope as a god. He is the successor to the office of St. Peter. As for that picture of him from South Park, it looks like he is holding either a cellphone or a corn-dog in his hand, I can't figure out which. Love, Jaypeeto1

This post made me laugh hysterically. I don't even really know why.

GBL

• Mellissa
    Mellissa

Luke 20:45-47

45 In the hearing of all the people, He said to his disciples,

46 "Beware of the scribes, who desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts;

47 who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers: these will receive greater condemnation."

Luke 11:43-44

43 Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the best seats in the synagogues, and the greetings in the marketplaces.

44 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like hidden graves, and the men who walk over them don't know it."

Luke 14:11

11 For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Best April Fools Joke ever!!

laters

kaykay_mp

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Poor form.

Matt. 16:18-19: And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.?

Tertullian

"Was anything withheld from the knowledge of Peter, who is called ?the rock on which the Church would be built? [Matt. 16:18] with the power of ?loosing and binding in heaven and on earth? [Matt. 16:19]?" (Demurrer Against the Heretics 22 [A.D. 200]).

"[T]he Lord said to Peter, ?On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven? [Matt. 16:18?19]. . . . What kind of man are you, subverting and changing what was the manifest intent of the Lord when he conferred this personally upon Peter? Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys" (Modesty 21:9?10 [A.D. 220]).

Pope Clement I

"Through countryside and city [the apostles] preached, and they appointed their earliest converts, testing them by the Spirit, to be the bishops and deacons of future believers. Nor was this a novelty, for bishops and deacons had been written about a long time earlier. . . . Our apostles knew through our Lord Jesus Christ that there would be strife for the office of bishop. For this reason, therefore, having received perfect foreknowledge, they appointed those who have already been mentioned and afterwards added the further provision that, if they should die, other approved men should succeed to their ministry" (Letter to the Corinthians 42:4?5, 44:1?3 [A.D. 80]).

Hermas

"Therefore shall you [Hermas] write two little books and send one to Clement [Bishop of Rome] and one to Grapte. Clement shall then send it to the cities abroad, because that is his duty" (The Shepherd 2:4:3 [A.D. 80]).

Ignatius of Antioch

"Ignatius . . . to the church also which holds the presidency, in the location of the country of the Romans, worthy of God, worthy of honor, worthy of blessing, worthy of praise, worthy of success, worthy of sanctification, and, because you hold the presidency in love, named after Christ and named after the Father" (Letter to the Romans 1:1 [A.D. 110]).

"You [the church at Rome] have envied no one, but others you have taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force" (ibid., 3:1).

Irenaeus

"The blessed apostles [Peter and Paul], having founded and built up the church [of Rome] . . . handed over the office of the episcopate to Linus" (Against Heresies 3:3:3 [A.D. 189]).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit