Pope recieves "Last rites"

by ScoobySnax 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

I gotcha'! But how long is this next to the last Pope supposed to live?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Didn't Nostradamus say once this Pope died something amazing would happen?

OMG, now you're scaring me all over again. Bryan, please read my story in the other pope thread. Or wait, I'll go and fetch it and see if I can copy it here.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Here it is... I posted this yesterday in the other pope thread.

I went to a catholic school. One time, we were learning things about the vatican, and I clearly remember the teacher telling the story about the empty picture frames. I will relate what I can remember of it, but I think that the teacher might have been reading the tabloids or something. Come to think of it, I first mentioned that I heard the story during the reign of John paul I, but I'm positive now that it was during the reign of the pope who was before him. (can't come up with his name right now).

Mind you, I am just relating something a teacher told us in school. The story might have been a product of her imagination for all I know.

Here goes. Once upon a time they built this place for the pope to live. It was called the vatican. Now, the vatican is huge, and other than it being a home for the pope, it is also a home to many pieces of rather expensive art, including tapistry, paintings and sculptures. The vatican contains several painting galleries. There is one gallery that has always had a number of empty picture frames. Every time a pope died they would put a painting, depicting him, in an empty frame. Nobody knows who came up with the idea of the picture frames, and more important, nobody ever knew who came up with the number of frames. Neither did anyone know if there was a meaning attached to this number or not, but many people have speculated that something huge would happen (the end?) upon filling the last picture frame. Some believe(d) that the amount was divine, that it was God himself who had made sure that there would be a certain amount, fitting His purposes. The teacher told us that there were 3 empty frames left. Then the pope who preceeded John Paul I died (Sorry I forgot his name). I remember getting scared but thinking thank goodness, we still have two empty frames. However, John paul I didn't last long at all. Now I remember getting completely terrified. Only one more picture frame left... waiting for John Paul II.

Of course I'm not as gullable anymore as I used to be, but I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard this story..

• fairchild
    fairchild

I like to think that I'm a rational being, but please someone reassure me. The empty picture frame story really did leave a deep impression upon me, it kept me out of my sleep many times, especially when I was younger. Now Bryan didn't help too much to ease my mind. Seems my fear is coming all back. Bryan, where do I find that nostradamus thing? Sorry for being so stressed about it, it's probably just the fear I carried around for so many years, now copming back, even though I thought I was smart enough not to let it get to me anymore.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Its the next pope after JPII's replacement.

JPII

The next guy

The next one after the next guy is suppose to be the last, pope

Phew *wipes sweat droplets off face*

IP sec, how do you know? Where did you find this information?? Do you have a link for me??

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well, it's sometimes said that the famous die in threes. Johnny Cochran and Terry Schiavo died this week; the Pope appears to be next.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Wow, it took me an hour to read this, but it was pretty interesting.

http://www.ccg.org/english/s/p288.html

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Well, it's sometimes said that the famous die in threes. Johnny Cochran and Terry Schiavo died this week; the Pope appears to be next.

Former British Prime Minister James Callaghan also died this week. Looks like the Pope will have to wait till next week; Prince Rainier of Monaco is in a bad way as well, so maybe he'll be number two, and with any luck, Adam Sandler will join them.

• fairchild
    fairchild

I remember when Lady Di and Mother Theresa died, thought back then that the pope would be #3.

As I was reading this link (the one I posted a few posts above this one), the 'Fatima' thing kept coming back is that essay. Does anyone have a link to it? I would like to read it. Don't remember much of it, I learned about it in school. Something about 3 secrets, and the popes are the keepers of the third secret?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit