What does Russell, Masons and Satan have in common?

by mnb77 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Now show me the evidence that he wasn't a mason.

Fair challange!

There was a book I read called "The Watchtower and the Masons". It presented some pretty compelling evidence to prove that Russel was a mason.

• Ianone
    Ianone

do you still have that book brummie? That book went out of print, and the author was framed for bank robbery and illegally imprisoned, how convenient.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The "Force" drew me back - was it Satan???

TATT - that quote is out of context. Check the links I provided to the transcript. What you quote is on page one of seven.
    Of yourself and Ianone I would place you as the more genuine, so I'm not even going to bother to appeal to his "reason". Read the transcript and see if you still hold the same position about the quote...

• Brummie
    Brummie

I dont think I still have it, I believe someone borrowed and never returned it (unless it is somewhere lost in my attic), I havent seen it for years so I am assuming its gone forever. When i first started reading it I was like "yeah right!" but after the 3rd chapter it became pretty conincing and documented evidence was provided. Darn, I wish I still had it now!

I didnt know that about the author!!

• Valis
    Valis

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/anti-masonry03.html#mason

Charles Taze Russell?
    Claims have been made that "Paster" Russell (1852/02/16-1916/10/31), founder of the International Bible Students Association ? forerunner of the Jehovah's Witnesses ? was a freemason; that the banner on the front of early issues of the Watchtower contained masonic symbols; and that Russell's gravestone bears a masonic cross and crown symbol.

Russell was not a freemason. Neither the symbols found in the Watchtower nor the cross and crown symbol are exclusively masonic. And the cross and crown symbol does not appear on his gravestone in the Rosemont United Cemetery, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania ? it appears on a memorial erected some years later.
    In an address delivered in a San Francisco masonic hall in 1913, Russell made positive use of masonic imagery by saying, "Now, I am a free and accepted mason. I trust we all are. But not just after the style of our masonic brethren." He further develops this idea: "true Bible believers may or may not belong to the masonic fraternity, but they are all masons of the highest order, since they are being fashioned, chiselled and polished by the Almighty to be used as living stones in the Temple Built Without Hands. They are free from sin, and therefore accepted by the God of Heaven as fit stones for the heavenly Temple." Later in this address, Russell stated quite clearly that "I have never been a mason." Those who claim Russell was a freemason quote this address out of context without noting the rhetorical imagery.
    Although Russell wrote about the pyramids and the Knights Templar, the pyramids are not a part of Freemasonry and Russell's understanding of the relationship between the modern Knights Templar and Freemasonry displays an outsider's ignorance of both organizations.
  • kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

See, I knew Russell was a poser.

laters

kaykay_mp

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    Although Russell wrote about the pyramids and the Knights Templar, the pyramids are not a part of Freemasonry and Russell's understanding of the relationship between the modern Knights Templar and Freemasonry displays an outsider's ignorance of both organizations.

I dont know about that.

?Our beautiful seal is an expression of Freemasonry, an expression of occult ideas.? (Wyckoff, H. S. The Great American Seal. The Mystic Light, the Rosicrucian Magazine, p.56

You do know what the great american seal is right?

LT, ok I'll read that material although it may take a while. It seems like quite a read. But I'll tell you this right now, regardless of what that material says, even if he comes right out and says "I am not a freemason", I smell something fishy.

Actions speak louder than words. So do pictures.

Queens Assembly Hall:

Remember high degree masons are very secretive and are heavily involved in symbology. If Russell was a high degree mason, would he let everyone know about it in plain view or would he try to talk it down, deny it, even criticize it? Can we expect him to incorporate pagan symbology in a subtle way?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So he was so secretive about his membership that he plastered Egyptian symbols all over his publications??
    Things that make ya go Hmmmmm".

I'll give you that he was obsessed with Egypt, but many people were at that time, with so many archaeological finds coming to the public eye. I'll also offer (again) that it's possible, albeit unlikely. However the Knight's Templar accusation doesn't stand with his anti-Trinitarian stance.

The Queen Assembly Hall wasn't built by him, either, and it was smothered with Egyptian markings - not just the sun-disk, which was firstly Egyptian (over 3000 years old), and later adopted by the Masons (who aren't even 300 years old).

Regarding that transcript, don't lose sight of the fact that he was addressing a chiefly Masonic audience. He evidently had done some study of the subject, to appeal to his audience, however there are a few blunders (as Valis points out).

Sadly I must hit the sack, as I need to catch an early morning boat in six hours - bon soir...

• Brummie
    Brummie
    However the Knight's Templar accusation doesn't stand with his anti-Trinitarian stance

liltoe, did you ever hear that Russell was not anti-trinitarian when he used to write with Barbour? Barbour was a trinitarian who came up with the 1914 date. They worked together a lot. Apparently Russell didnt become anti trinitarian until after.

• Ianone
    Ianone

Russell was anti trinity because of his jewish roots.

For Jews, the belief that God can be human
    is the ultimate heresy.

? Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, on Christianity

Fritz Springmeier was framed for bank robbery on the account of some crackhead. This coveniently occured after the publishing of "Bloodlines of the Illuminatti." Of course he never did rob the bank and he is still in prison.

Again, the masons in this forum are disinformationists who give false explanations and conclusions that lead to no where.

"Masonry...conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead." Albert Pike

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit