I am an official apostate.....nearly.. and I'm loving it!!!!!!

by Gill 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

Today, whilst shopping, I ran into an old school friend of mine that I had been quite close to. I used to write her 'sick' notes for her, so as you can imagine, we're friends forever now.

Anyway, she tells me that she is studying with Jehovah's witnesses again. I think she expected me to be thrilled with this news. Instead, I told her I was no longer a JW at which she almost fell into the bacon counter!

Then I explained to her why I was no longer a witness:

607 bce

UN scandal

cigarette company shares scandal

military contracts scandal

covering for paedophiles scandal

She was shocked and speechless for a while. But then, my friend I must say is of west Indian origin, she asked me why the people she studied with, two elders wives, were so racist. They're always talking about black people and 'Pakis' and foreign people with derogatory remarks. The other week they told her that they would not like to be treated by Indian doctors and one said she would even refuse treatment from an Asian because 'they're not as good as white doctors'. My dear, very intelligent friend who has studied at University for the last fifteen years, says she had to control herself not to mention DR Shipman, the notorious white, anglo saxon mass murderer.

She asked me why are they so materialistic, why are they so ignorant and rude against everyone who does not conform to their perfect values. Why were they cruel and heartless about the thousands and thousands who died in the Tsunami and told her it was more important to think of the 'poor brothers suffering under persecution in Georgia'?

Basically, she was saying, why is there no love?

Finally she said, I never want to go to another meeting again...ever.

We finished talking after 2 hours, laughing about how me and mine now celebrate Christmas and Birthdays and any other 'pagan' celebration we can get our hands on. How she had never seen me so happy and elated.

So peoples! How did you rate my apostasising today? To me it was exhilarating.

My friend told me how she has NEVER ever mentioned these concerns she has about the witnesses to anyone and that she had always thought the 1914 doctrine to be total nonsense as she has been studying off and on for the last twenty years and they have been pressurising her to become baptised.

I think they'll be lucky to even see her again, but we have exchanged phone numbers and I think there will be a lot more to say.

Do you think this is going to end my fade?

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Kudos to you for turning a potential 'sheep' away! That was the luckiest day of HER life running into you.

I am proud to be in such good company on the 'outside' (tee he he). I have to admit though, I despise the term 'apostate'. We didn't turn away from the TRUTH and I certainly haven't turned aside from God. Oh well. I guess it's just part of the cult culture of which I must admit I am an EX-Member.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    That was the luckiest day of HER life running into you.

Ain't that the truth? She'll never know what a favor you blessed her with!

Dave

• Gill
    Gill

Sweet Tee, AlmostAtheist - I have to say that I feel that it was a very satisfying experience. I feel like I 'saved' someone from a very hard future existence if she was to carry on with the JWs.

And if the Elders find out...well maybe I don't really give a flying fart anyway!

Isn't it about time I got to that stage. They can't control me, own me and make me say or do anything I don't want to!

Hey! What do you know! I'm finally free!

• Jez
    Jez

Wow, that was perfect! I always say that at the very least, they have the right to make an informed decision. Good for you for showing her both sides of the religion.

Very inspirational.

Jez

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    We finished talking after 2 hours

I can't remember ever talking to anyone about my religion for two hours.

Be sure to mark your field service report. Remember informal witnessing time counts.

• Gill
    Gill

I'll be sure to be putting my report slip in this month to Simon!

2 hours and one escaped nearly JW. I'm so proud!!!

• jula71
    jula71

Well done.. I score a 10 on the apostate scale

Seeing a list of scandels and problems really drives it home for me, how much proof does one need?

• Gill
    Gill

Exactly Jula!

Why would God want to 'pitch his tent' with such a bunch of brainwashed dumbasses?

(says Gill of the former dumbass class) Oh and still a dumbass on occassions.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

how do you count your time as an apostate? who do you report it to? are you allowed to count in 15 min incraments like the society lovingly allows? ha!

bethel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit