Another WTS Misrepresentation from the Creator Book

by AlanF 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logansrun
    logansrun
    If experts cannot really explain either the origin or the early development of our universe, should we not look elsewhere for an explanation?

If experts cannot really explain either the origin or the early development of Jehovah God, should we not look elsewhere for an explanation?

Bradley

• AlanF
    AlanF

TheOldHippie said:

: I miss the Swingle days, Alan F., don't you?

I don't get your reference.

AlanF

• robhic
    robhic
    :What about the universe flew out of the ass of a giant Panda? And then we could write a book called [i]The Panda's Bum[/i]

I can see it now: Chapter 1 -- The Big Eucalyptus Theory.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    If experts cannot really explain either the origin or the early development of our universe, should we not look elsewhere for an explanation?

If experts cannot really explain either the origin or the early development of Jehovah God, should we not look elsewhere for an explanation?

Good on you, Bradley.

That Creator book was tripe, cover to cover. I thought so as a JW. I hadn't actually read it, but I got on an email conversation with an atheist, trying to convince him of the absurdity of his views. I thought, "I know, I'll grab that new Creator book and find stuff in there! He won't know what hit 'im!" So I started reading it. Keep in mind, I was reading it with my mind already made up that it was right, I was just trying to find some points I could copy/paste into an email for this guy. I couldn't find ANYTHING worth sharing. Not a single argument that I couldn't personally argue against, much less one I thought I could pass to somebody else. It was truly embarrassing.

That was several years ago. If my blood/kool-aid levels had been any lower, I may have left the Watchtower then. But unfortunately I was able to trudge on, bowing toward New York thrice daily...

Dave

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

When things were a bit more open, when they were a bit more probing and searching and looking and there were "new things learned" in stead of just finding out what the WT has earlier stated on the topic in question. It was more trying to find out what the Bible said in stead of quoting what the WT said.With Swingle and Ray, we were better off .....................

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I always enjoy turning the focus of JW literature back upon itself. With a few modifications the quoted section of the Creator book which AlanF posted could be made to read as follows:

Attempts to Explain the Beginning

Can Jehovah's Witnesses now explain the origin of God? Many JW's, uncomfortable with the idea that God was created by an even higher intelligence, speculate that by some mechanism he created himself out of nothing or, more commonly, that he has always existed - an effect without a cause. Does that sound reasonable to you? Such speculations usually involve some variation of a theory but these "do not explain how God arose from nothing." Dr. Nicolaou was more explicit in a recent JWD post: "Explaining this initial singularity -- where and when God began -- still remains the most intractable problem of modern JW theology."

If Jehovah's Witnesses cannot really explain either the origin or the early development of Jehovah God, should we not look elsewhere for an explanation?

• AlanF
    AlanF

Gotcha, TheOldHippie. Well, I really don't miss anything at all about the Dubs. They were extremely screwed up back then, and are worse now.

Good technique, Nicolau. Turning crappy arguments around is a great way to show their stupidity.

AlanF

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Many scientists, uncomfortable with the idea that the universe was created by a higher intelligence

Typical WTS manipulation. They confidently deem themselves the soothsayers of all motive without ever having studied the science that they sneer at.

The psuedo-logic proceeds this way : The Bible is the word of God, therefore *anyone* who in any way contradicts or disagrees with Biblical teaching must have ulterior motives for doing so. We see this methodology at play in the posts of Scholar, a WTS apologist on this Board who when defeated in argument inevitably attacks the 'atheistic' or 'false Christian' motives of his opposers.

Problem is that even a bluebottle stunned by fly spray can comprehend what is really happening here - it is called intellectual dishonesty.

HS

• Bryan
    Bryan

Excellent work Alen.

Thanks,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Hillary,

That is so true. For one thing, the education that is required to understand modern science is frowned upon so they do not pursue the needed educational foundation. They take the scripture that states the opinion that 'wisdom of man is foolishness with God', and view learned individuals as fools incapable of seeing the simplistic wisdom of their teachings.

It's completely twisted reasoning.

Jeannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit