My DA letter!

by Spook 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

Frog, your sure got it right! preserving ones dignity is what is so important. Although I was unaware of what I did as a 15 year old, it was preserving my dignity that it was all about when I chose the lonely road of leaving the borg rather than live a duplicitous life.

carmel

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Wonderfully worded letter.

It comes across with a tone of optimism and love, with you giving your best wishes, and free of ill intent to anyone.

I hope you feel empowered for taking such a noble stand!

Paul

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That was an awesome letter Spook! Disassociating DOES make a difference.

GBL

• Spook
    Spook

Thanks again all! And especially GBL.

• clementine
    clementine

congrats spook!!! and goog job! you're letter is very well written! i hope you feel better now you've sent it ;-)

• alw
    alw

Golf - sorry I'm not your mum - I do have 2 sons (although never baptised) but from my knowledge still live in NSW. Lovely comments though - consider yourself adopted!!! alw

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

great letter I wish I had the courage Ditto!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Beautiful letter. I was against DA letters at first since you know the elders aren't going to actually read it. Why bother?

Then I realized the letter is as much or more for you. YOU are telling THEM 'no thanks'. They listen, they don't listen, it's not the point.

Well done! I especially enjoyed and appreciated this point:

I find your claims about the bible no more convincing than any other denomination or religion

Ain't it the truth? They aren't god's people, "The Truth", or any other such thing. Just another church, and not too good at that.

Welcome to freedom!

Dave

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Excellent letter Spook, make sure you update us with their responses if you get one. I love the "?" mark in Jehovah?s Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit