Good Luck

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• bavman
    bavman

to you Spook!!!!!

• alw
    alw

Spook - great letter - it takes a lot of guts to do what you have just done - especially when all your family is involved. It is a hard decision but a worthwhile one - congratulations - I have only a few more steps to take before my letter goes in - although I haven't done all the research you have - my (our) decision has been to keep our family together - our daughter d'sd a few years ago and life has been hell ever since. I applaud my daughter for the decision she made and am so thankful that the blinkers have been taken away from our eyes. Again thanks for the encouragement and enjoy life and savour!!! alw

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Nice work, Spook.

Your letter is clear, thought-provoking, direct, and honest. You gave them a lot more respect than I think you will be able to expect from them. I hope they are positively affected by it. A person who DA's casts a strong vote, one that is difficult to ignore. More power to you.

SNG

• Frog
    Frog

Hi there matey, you should be incredibly proud of yourself for taking this corageous move. I can guarantee you that from what you have explained to be an excellent analysis of yourself, that you will not look back, you will feel the greatest liberation, and yet some intense pain at the same time. The feelings of being for the first time really 'true to yourself' will stay with you for many years to come. I think it is admirable that you haven't lost sight of the fact that you love these people, and care about them. It would be all to easy to let yourself become bitter from this experience, refusing to accept that this decision, although a complex and painful one is still one you are required to make. I can strongly suggest from experience that you continue to deal with the very difficult backlash that you are going to get from your friends and familly, and remember what it was like to think as them. This way you won't loose that beautiful loving spirit you have displayed in your letter. It's a tough road ahead for you to be sure, but having travelled it very recently myself I can tell you it is well worth it. I sent off my letter to family only just yesterday (its posted under Frog on the 29/3/2005). The process of writing it and sendi it gives a real sense of empowerment doesn't it? A way to maintain your dignity, and show everyone that although you are leaving behind so much, that you still have not lost a sense of yourself.

Good work my friend, all the best to you, write anytime:-)

luv from frog xox

• Frog
    Frog

Hi there ALW of Australia, you arent my mother are you??! I've looked at your birthdate and your story and thought what a wonderful dream it would be if you were:-)...if you're not my mother but are looking to adopt, let me know

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Not too bad at all! I fear they'll miss the "point" but I liked the appeal to their sense of collective shame. Hopefully it might make a small impact on at least one of your old cong.'s BOE members.

Kudos!

W.

• Spook
    Spook

Thanks everyone! Ghandi had it right - the more you resist something, the stronger it becomes. The WTBTS has a pigeon hole into which they fit "apostates." Any action of direct opposition actually strengthens the siege mentality. I'm making a stand that I know my friends and family will remember in a few years when things really start falling apart.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

that was a great letter...just sent you a pm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit