Thanks!!!

by Low-Key Lysmith 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

At the risk of soundy mushy, I would just like to thank everyone for being a part of this board and making it what it is. In the 14 years since I have been out of the B'org, I have pretty much had to deal with building myself back up by myself. In the short time that I have been a part of JWD, I have realized that there was a lot of things that I had just repressed and locked away. This board has given me an opportunity to confront many of those old "demons"- I hate that word-and I really feel better now than ever. It never ceases to amaze me how similar many of our experiences and feelings are. This board has been a keystone in my healthy recovery. Thank you everyone I wish you all the very best.

-Breck

• zanex
    zanex

I second that motion...this board has been a good place to see that the insanity is not localized to our own minds...a chaotic close-knit congregation of corrupted...lol. This boards been good to me too...

-Z-

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I feel the same way to. But this place is addicting! LOL

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

(((((((((Breck)))))))))

I hear you. Being able to voice so many things that I had held inside for 11 years has had a truly healing effect on me. It would have been so much easier if this place had been around earlier...

J

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

You are Welcome!

After having been out for 28 years now, and having to rebuild myself, I, too have found a deeper level of healing. And some excellent fodder for having in my back pocket when I see JW siblings.

Thank you Everyone!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

(((((((((jeaniebeanz)))))))) you just wrapped up exactly what I was trying to say in a nutshell. I wonder sometimes if the reason I didn't even think to look for a board like this until just recently was a subliminal fear that the WTS would never let something like this exist. Lol. I know that sounds stupid, but it never occurred to me to google ex-Jehovah's Witnesses until two months ago.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    it never occurred to me to google ex-Jehovah's Witnesses until two months ago.

You and me both. Look at our "join up" dates... LOL

Jeannie

• tweety
    tweety

I have been out for 10 years! I just love coming to JWD and reading the different topics.

Dee

• jula71
    jula71

Great thread Low-Key, this board has given us a fantastic forum in which we can discuss questions and possible answers. We were never allowed this luxury as active JW?s. I have to extend thanks to all of you as well, as I have been going through a pretty rough time. Learning the truth about the organization is like learning there is no Santa. Learning everything I?ve been told is pretty much false. I?ve wasted so much time and energy into nothing and lost the chance of having a real childhood. But this board as been a true God-send.

• love11
    love11

Hi Low- Key- I just found this site out too after 10 1/2 years of being out. I've only been visiting for about 3 weeks but already I have felt this huge weight lift off of my shoulders. Everyday seems to get better and better. They actually had me so afraid of "the world" that I suffered from social anxiety. Now I could just sing in front of a crowd of people. I know it sounds corny but you know what I mean. Thanks and your welcome. love11

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit