Was C.T. Russell a member of the annointed?

by xjw_b12 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Did Russell consider himself the first of the new generation of the "Annointed"??

If indeed he was, I was thinking there must be one hell of a power struggle going on in heaven.

I can see it now. WWE Smackdown. Charles the Tazer Russell vs Fred the Fanatic Franz

• kls
    kls

Russell annointed? I never thought of that and i also would like to hear the answer to that question.

Very interesting question.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I don't think anybody is annointed.

GBL

• Ticker
    Ticker

Russell at least at one point of his tenor of Watchtower president viewed other christians of different denominations also as worthy of God. The other sheep doctrine did not surface until 1935 well after his death. I don't know if Russell viewed himself as the first of the new annointed class but he did view himself as the "faithful servant" and the only rightful expounder of truth. He did not recognize anyone else as being of the faithful slave class other then soley himself after his wife voiced opinion and made application that only Russell was the faithful servant. After self applying this parable to himself he quickly took on a authorative and demeaning style. He believed in accending to heaven as well as all his followers which was supposed to happen in 1914, but alas another failed prophecy.

Ticker

• minimus
    minimus

He WAS "the anointed".

• Ticker
    Ticker

Very well put minimus, I think that is exactly how he viewed himself and it seems to show when I read statements he made during his time as president.

Ticker

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

That's good, but I think "the Tazer" versus Rowdy Judge Rutherford, steel cage match would be the main event ... of course Rutherford would hit Russell with a liquor bottle when the ref had his back turned, while Russell would get DQed for throwing a handful of "magic wheat" in Rutherford's face in retaliation.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Russell and the Bible Students did not have same thinking about this as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Russell and the Bible Students thought that the annointed would be made up of true Christians regardless of which church they were members.

• gumby
    gumby

Of course Russell believed he was of the annointed. He was the Laodicean messenger....remember. As others have stated, Russell believed all in christ would make up the bride, although he at the same time believed unless other christians read his writings, they would be in the dark in understanding the scriptures.

As for Russell and Freddie F. going at it in heaven, I heard Freddie told Russell the "tacking in the wind" story and told Russell he never learned to tack worth a shit and was always off course, then Russell hit Freddie in the left eyebrow and made Freddie cry.

Gumby

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

After Russell hit Franz, Freddie grabbed Charlie by the beard and swung him around a few times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit