KM - Local Needs

by TheListener 26 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

I thought it would be interesting for those of us who still attend the meetings to let everyone know what our local needs part was/will be this week. (The KM allots 15 minutes to local needs at this weeks service meeting).

Ours will be on Meeting Attendance. How original. This is the face the elder will make while giving the talk - bit*^&ng and moaning.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ha....and those it applys to wont be there.....tijkmo

• gumby
    gumby

Local needs are a fill in ....often with no well thought out purpose or discussed agenda by elders.

Local needs are assigned to any elder who does Service meeting parts. Many times they make shit up....and if they can't make shit up....they can use something from the KM to fill in with.

Local needs are SUPPOSED to be well thought out needs of the congregation with inquiries made to the PO or other elders as to what should be covered/discussed,.......but is rarely performed in such a manner.

Gumby

• xjwms
    xjwms

If some are going to meetings ... why do they need to hear this???

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well said gumby...but try telling the elders that...as i frequently did...tijkmo

• TheListener
    TheListener

Xjwms, Good point. The elder bodies I've served with have felt this way: you can at least beat the dubs who are in attendance and make sure they'll keep coming. We can get the ones who didn't show up later with a shepherding call and discuss the local needs part one-on-one.

What other local needs are planned? Or if you're not privy to the information or your meeting is on Thursday night please let us know on Friday.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

"Local Needs" are supposed to be discussed at each Elders Quarterly meeting. At that time, needs are brought up and topics are discussed then assignments on who to give the talks are made. At least in therory that is how it should work.

In most congregations the PO chooses his favorite pet peeve usually attendance or the ever popular, and also nauseating "Do more in the ministry". He then selects one of his buddies to give the part or he does it himself, all without consulting other elders. So much for a body with each "member" serving a purpose huh.

• Scully
    Scully

I always found that Local Needs? talks followed a pretty consistent pattern:

• Focus on Meeting Attendance and/or increasing your share in the Field Ministry (usually follows CO visit and the elders having had a brow-beating from the CO over the numbers)
    • A talk detailing Worldly? trends and behaviour that have recently come to the attention of the Elders or resulted in someone being Reproved? or DF'd, without naming names of course.
    • We need money.
    • We need more money.
    • We need even more money.

Love, Scully

• xjwms
    xjwms

To: TheListner ... Its nice to have you here keeping us up to date with what is going on in watchtower land.

Local needs that I can remember was always a guilt trip. On youths or service or meetings. When I was attending

guilt trips... on parties and drinking. I always entertained with hard booze, drove most of em crazy nuts.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I've heard many many local needs talks. Never heard one on giving assistance to the older people or to needy persons in the congregation. I wonder why they never think of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit