Are you impressed by Pope John Paul II?

by GermanXJW 40 Replies latest social current

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

At Pentecost, Pope John Paul II could not speak when giving his traditional blessing.

Many people are impressed by this Pope because he does not resign. They campare it to Christ's sufferings.

I do not understand: to me he is just an old man with conservative views who has too much power and too much money.

I could not care less if he dies this very minute.

How about you?

• Angharad
    Angharad

I think he was pickled years ago and they just roll him out when they need him

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I will be interested to see what happens when he dies. Pope JP has condemned millions to death with his small minded views on birth control, all in the name of maintaining his power base.

• Pole
    Pole

The pope giving his blessing in his Darth Vader voice? It's almost satanic....:-).

It's just one more example of how "religious" people can "rationalize" something that others find very difficult to "rationalize". And that's to put it mildly of course.

Seriously I think it's up to Catholics to decide if it impresses them.

Pole

• Golf
    Golf

What keeps him alive without a 'support' system is beyond me. Hmmmmm, interesting thought, does he have a support system to keep him alive? If so, why don't they take it away from him? (just being funny)

Golf

• Englishman
    Englishman

Pope John Paul 2 was my age when he became pope!

I think I'd be a good pope....

Englishman.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I'm sure he means well...

He is sincere.

But he is hardly enlightened or a bringer of needed change.

He shoud retire; the poor man sounded like a Dark Lord of the Sith when he tried to give the Easter blessing.

In any profession outside of popehood or monarchy it would be considered for the best - both for him and the body he represents.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Can the pope resign?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I think he was pickled years ago and they just roll him out when they need him

LORL at Angharad!

I didn't think a pope COULD retire? He has to die in office doesn't he? Admittedly, his appearances might be able to be cut down, but I guess someone would prop him up from behind if needs be! Whatever, I think the man has guts to do what he does considering his medical conditions. While his body is feeble and diseased his mind is probably very much alive. It must be incredibly frustrating for him not to be able to be more intelligible - a prisoner to his own body's maladies!

Ian

• Bas
    Bas

I think he has a feeding tube inserted in his belly and since he can't speak I think it's time to remove it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit