The New OM Book? Don't Waste Your Time.

by metatron 18 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I zipped thru the new Organization book and can tell you that it's a waste of trees.

I think that the updated section on DF'ing is mostly just a legalistic response to distance

themselves from any potential defamation charges, by default.

It downplays the blood issue and 'worldly' holidays but almost NONE of that matters.

Why? Because in the end, the SService Dept calls the shots. All the supposed moderation

and reasonableness portrayed in the publications doesn't mean sh*t compared with whatever

the Circuit Overseer and his latest communique from Theocracy Central says.

Sure, the new book says that elders should not be "fanatics" - twice!! (pg. 32. 33)

but what the heck does that mean? Who defines what a fanatic is?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

metatron

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sad but true

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My sis-in-law emailed me and was nearly giddy with excitment over the new book and the yearbook... she said it was evidence that the end was close now.... I told her I didn't read society literature any longer... she never replied...

Crock-crap

Jeff

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Good post Metatron,

The Society manages to give the JWs the feeling that something special is on the way, yet it always ends up feeling like they promised much more than they delivered. They are talented at dangling the carrot just in front of the JWs while keeping a big stick right behind them. - Jim W.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thats right meta, dont know the answer, call the service desk. Service desk lackies come through about every 6 months and says "Ok brothers, take out your flock book and cross out paragraph this on page that. Write in the margin "bla bla bla bla" and make a notation CO visit such and such date"

There is what the Watchtower says and what the service desk says and sometimes they are completely different. Service desk is the epitome of fanatic.

• voltaire
    voltaire

I, too, read the new OM book at my mom's this past weekend. I noticed that they changed the way DFs are announced. If I remember correctly, they now simply announced that "So-and-so is no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses". It's the same for DA. It actually makes sense from a legal point of view. It shifts the responsibility from the commitee to the individual DFed or DAed. I noticed that it covered the alternative forms of witnessing. By and large, it was the same old stuff as always. I'm amazed that anyone would think that the end is nearer because the organization updated a few procedural issues. But, hey, I was the same way about 10 years ago.

As I read the latest WTs, I was struck by how little the magazines have changed in the way of content. It almost seems as though someone has pulled up old articles on the word processor, worked in a few new pictures and replaced older references and quotes with newer ones. I wasn't in long enough to have realized how little intellectual ferment was really going on. At the time it seemed like the literature was so profound. You have to be around the witnesses for a little while before you begin to notice how much is recycled material and devoid of any original thought

• willyloman
    willyloman

This is exactly the way it works;

...come through about every 6 months and says "Ok brothers, take out your flock book and cross out paragraph this on page that. Write in the margin...

On the other hand, they NEVER say "take out your OM book and cross out paragraph...."

This is why all the fuss about the "new" OM book on other threads is bunk. It's a non-event. The elders will never open the OM book in their lives unless they are assigned the material in a service meeting part, or they are going thru the baptism questions with some deluded wanne be.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

"Ok brothers, take out your flock book and cross out paragraph this on page that. Write in the margin "bla bla bla bla" and make a notation CO visit such and such date"

This is absolutely what takes place in a nutshell. In fact there is a day and a half of this coming this fall. I cant wait. If you are an elder, try to ask the CO if you could see or borrow that reference his answer will be no and he will read it again and ask you to take notes.

• Golf
    Golf

So, why are they keeping the 'fanatical' Elders as being Elders? The same as keeping pedophiles in the cong, protecting whom?

Golf

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

3 That statement is faithful.

If any man is reaching out for an office of overseer, he is desirous of a fine work. 2

The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach, 3 not a drunken brawler, not a smiter, but reasonable, not belligerent, not a lover of money, 4 a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having children in subjection with all seriousness; 5 (if indeed any man does not know how to preside over his own household, how will he take care of God?s congregation?) 6 not a newly converted man, for fear that he might get puffed up [with pride] and fall into the judgment passed upon the Devil.

why would it be nessercary to tell elders not to be fanatical when the holy spirit has only ever appointed men who have acheived the qualifications above....tijkmo..of the a few good men legal reasoning class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit