Our Species Is Evolveing Consciousness For Its Survival,,Our Minds Will Exp

by frankiespeakin 17 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Rob,

Yes, I think that these are evolutionary traits we all have, that have brought our species to where it is today, we are masters at explotation, that's what we are about. But as evolution progresses may be we are able to look at our exploitive nature and tame it for our further survival.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Yes Frankie, in that context love will stretch you, force you to evolve with the whole. From an egoic perspective it is quite uncomfortable, but if there isn't that identification then you learn to enjoy it. Sometimes people hear about these moments when someone opens up and it makes a great story, but I think the real question is after all the drama is over does that person stay opened or was that more of a temporary phenomenon in this particular act. You may not necessarily feel that stretch constantly, but there would be a big difference in terms of one's general disposition being open or being like "it's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there."

• Satanus
    Satanus

Robert

Agreed. The evolution is societal. A world society where all cultures and all individual tastes have a place. That would be a mixture of all types of civilisations that have ever been.

Before the patriarchal war system overran it, the minoan cretan culture was relatively peaceful, matriarchal, and dominated the mediterranean. Drug taking was integral to that society, being central to it's religion. Not likely that everyone did drugs all the time, but it had that epanded consciousness, most likely. That was 6500 yrs ago.

Only some of this culture survived natural disaster and the indoeuropeans, who overcame them. Its carried on for a while within the greek, in the dionysian rites. Then rome outlawed it. During the 60's, some of it made a spontaneous appearance.

In todays situation, w most big countries armed w neuclear weapons, the war tradition has gone to the point of being ridiculous. A change toward the world citizen idea will come. Probably a real world govt as well. But, it could be hundreds of yrs in the future.

S

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Personally I find that our consciousness as a whole has diminished. Indigenous peoples appear to have had a much greater understanding of our place in the universe. Western science has answered many questions but has left a tasteless and possibly soulless world. I don't believe the internet will improve this at this stage at least.

Myth and mystery seem to be part of the human condition. Let's hope the pendulum starts to swing to the centre, a mix of technology and mysticism.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    and I really beleive our species will survive and we will use modern technology(also a product of evolution) to help us because that is what it is there for we made it and we will use it.

i agree. it will be dangerous, but it is really unstoppable. the 21st century may be considered by future homo sapiens (if we will still be able to call ourselves such) as a watershed in evolution. when we took control of blind evolution, and started intelligently designing ourselves.

I think we will even tame the ego, to keep learning more and more.

i really hope so. i really hope so.

And we will eventually live in many dimensions many more than we our conscious of now,, because we love to experience the mystery,,

it's really hard to say frankie. it would be cool, no doubt. sign me up. however, we may also kill ourselves in the process. or almost kill ourselves, sending us back to a dark age of sorts, where the ruins of cities are regarded by future generations as the ancient home of gods (i feel sick now). but apart from that, what you say regarding the fact that we love to experience mystery, this is so true. cheerio, TS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    This process is violent and uphevelling. Widespread consciousness can grow as humanity is tamed and equalised, w the diminution of the above divisive forces.

The internet is probably just the beginning of freeflow info, education and cultural cross pollination. W bush's christian efforts are just a blip in the curve.

in satans name, amen.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    At present our minds are no different than the people who lived before Stonehenge or the Pyramids were built. We just have more efficient ways to store knowledge and communicate that knowledge to others. That is not evolution. That is simple learning.

Robert,

it's considered social evolution. the thing about social evolution, is that with new bio technologies, the line between social evolution, and biological evolution by natural selection becomes more and more blurred. the genotypic and phenotypic start to merge. up until recently, changes occured via natural selection to populations of generations. in the near future, it may actually turn phenotypic.

Consciousness can certainly evolve without it happening consciously, (obviously I mean something much more open than say choosing which books you read) but the idea of being able to direct where and how you want it to evolve is quite different.

Mark,

That is how consciousness evolved. there was no conscious force directing the evolution of consciousness. just blind natural selection. choosing the books we read is phenotypic change, to a degree. it would be amazing to be able to pass that info on in our genes, but alas, that has never been possible. perhaps in the future, something similar will occur. perhaps not.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

This is an interestnig topic,

First of all, yes I believe in the mind expansion thing. It is called Cyborg. (not like the sf series) It is a serious thing and already worked on in fact. The outlook is that we can have a primitive connection with the brain and an implanted chip in the next two decades.
    This could be something like just an extra memory chip, connect the brain with the internet directly. (so you can control things, retreiving information, just by thinking). Very handy.

From my study of history I think that the human mind has been the same for about 40 or 50 thousand years. Love, hate, kindness, cruelty, hopes and fears seem pretty constant.

This is true, and I think there is not much evolution at the moment (in the human species). This is because there is almost no natural selection anymore.
    But this doesn't matter much. Experimenting with connecting the brain to the computer, or genetic modifications, are mch faster as they are inteliggently driven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit