Favorite Comedy Shows

by sandy 34 Replies latest jw friends

• El blanko
    El blanko

Rising Damp

Curb Your Enthusiasm + Seinfeld

Fawlty Towers

Help (a new program broadcasting on BBC2/Sunday - worth a look)

... not a massive fan of "Little Britain", personally I think it is over rated and lacks subtlety.

The problem for many comedy shows, especially in the UK, are the script writers. They appear to desire bad language and gross sexual material in an attempt to 'shock' the audience into submission. The current batch of comedies show cased on BBC3, mostly display this tendency. When compared to the genius of Fawlty Towers, they lack charm.

• under74
    under74

Daily Show, Arrested Development, The Office (the original, not the crappy US version), Reno 911, Strangers With Candy, King of the Hill, and you know...Cheers and Martin can still make me laugh.

• Bas
    Bas

hhmmmm, I like the Daily Show w Jon Stewart (international edition on CNN international) and I really luv 3th rock from the sun though it hasn't been broadcasted here in Holland for the last couple of years. Seinfeld, cheers and frasier...

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

My favorite shows of the past few years include Seinfeld, Friends, Coupling (the NBC version, haven't seen the original), Its Like You Know, Committed (hilarious recent episode involving a "hairgasm"), Frasier, Joey (becoming better all the time), Arrested Development, Simpsons, and SNL.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

we have joey followed by 2 1/2 men here in uk....thats a funny hour....

will and grace

friends...i dont care its still funny

frasier

fawlty towers

west wing....yup funnnnnny

the office....brit version was funny and excruciating at the same time without resorting to gross...rare

ps...little britain..over rated

• jula71
    jula71

I would have to say Seinfeld and classic TAXI

• jula71
    jula71

My manners, get better Sandy!!!!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think Rowan Atkins is funny, almost every show he does.

"This hour has 22 minutes" is also hilarious! Mind you it's gone downhill since the originals left. Rick Mercer's Monday report isn't nearly as funny, but he's trying.

Kwin

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

The Chapelle Show

Mad TV

SNL

The Simpsons

Adult Swim cartoons - Sealab, Harvey Birdman, AquaTeen Hunger Force

Southpark

Crank Yankers

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

That pesky gall bladder, boy do I know how you feel! It will get better soon and be worth the discomfort in the long run Sandy.

My fav shows are:

• In living color (oldie but a goody)
    • Friends
    • Desperate Housewives
    • Scrubs
    • South park
    • Chapelle's Show
    • SNL
    • Will and Grace Dragonlady76

Share this

Google+
Pinterest