Questions You would ask the "brother" who administered the baptism ?????

by Sparkplug 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Odrade
    Odrade

tijkmo

It's like layers of an onion.

Most of the time I live life, enjoy it, I'm a regular person now. Things are good. Once in awhile, something intrudes and disrupts things significantly until I peel back that layer, look at it, and process it.

I'm not at all hung up on the above incident, but I still get angry about a pedophile in good standing in the cong, who is allowed by the congregants to hold their little girls on his lap. They see it as affectionate, I see it as opportunity. I don't call it something I should get past. I call it "righteous indignation." And while that terminology is tainted by my time in the WT organization, it still has a tremendous value in living a healthy life. Healthy anger is as much a part of balance as joy or satisfaction or any other emotion.

Lately, I have been having panic attacks... not something I am prone to. Most of the time I am fine, then all of a sudden I just become overwhelmed with doubts and fears. I didn't think to look at it from the JW angle, because it has seemed to relate to the stress of starting a new business... but last night Hubby and I were talking, and guess what?... another layer.

I guess that's to be expected after growing up in it, and only a little over two years out. I have to remind myself sometimes that anger and sadness over these events is normal and healthy, as long as I don't become locked into those emotions.

Thanks

O

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit