Questions You would ask the "brother" who administered the baptism ?????

by Sparkplug 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, I have heard that the elder/annointed who gave me the questions for baptism is a huge apostate now...Whoo hoo. But I do have a few questions I am curious about and thought I would give him a call. So if you could ask the elder who gave you the questions and the OK to be baptized into the JW's, what would you ask?

For instance, I am curious as to if he really believed he was annointed or did he use it as a way to gain popularity?

Does he have any remorse as to the decisions he has made in regards to judicial committees and decisions he made over peoples lives?

Has he tried to apologize and attempt to right some of the wrong he administered? Has it helped anyone if so?

Was there a secret part of being an elder and did people straight up tell him how to play the game. You know maybe the "higher ups?"

Do you all have any ideas on things that maybe I will forget to ask if I do get in touch with him?

• Odrade
    Odrade

I would ask the "brother" who reviewed the questions with me if he really felt it was necessary to sit with his knees touching mine, and why did he rape his daughters?

(He's still a brother, btw.)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Odrade- I am so very sorry. I have had all kinds of thoughts about the abuse even if it is not an actual tangible way that the abuse is administered. Think about it....How crappy did that make you feel about yourself...The misuse of power. Myself, I went thru a time where I wondered what I had done to provoke such actions upon me. I feel for you SIS! (As in the sisterhood of women that I KNOW exist. Even if it starts here.)

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why the F@$k didn't you tell me everything you knew about the Governing Body and the purging of those at Bethel who had questions back in 1979/1980.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Honesty- I am wondering if the person whom I want to talk to ...seeing that he is not of the witnesses and highly opposed...knew this. Or is it part of what has changed his course? Maybe an unveiling happened to him?...Great question!

• Odrade
    Odrade

Sparkplug, thank you for the kind words... the daughters that were molested were friends of mine, not me. I didn't find out until at least 5 years after I was baptized about this brother's preferences. I was also so naive at the time I really thought his knees touching mine was because he couldn't scoot his chair back any farther. It never entered my mind he was doing his pervert thing. There are other stories... but suffice to say, I was never one of his victims, though he did try...I have very strong self-preservation instincts... strong enough that I think at times, it doesn't even register with me consciously that I was in danger. It's protected me in other situations too...

Really, the question is a good one. I wonder what he could have possibly said, had I known then that he was molesting his daughters, and confronted him on it?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I wonder what he could have possibly said, had I known then that he was molesting his daughters, and confronted him on it?

You would be amazed at the bullsh@^%& that comes out of a molesters mouth.

the daughters that were molested were friends of mine, not me.

I did understand that. I just had someone let me know that there are so many ways to get into a lil girls pants. Sometimes just the ugly they make us feel when they act in such a manner to us makes them be inside our mind and actions for a long time.

I was never one of his victims, though he did try...I have very strong self-preservation instincts... strong enough that I think at times, it doesn't even register with me consciously that I was in danger. It's protected me in other situations too...

I am glad he did not get his hands on you nor your mind. Or at least it seems like he did not. I also really feel for your friends. i can only imagine what they are feeling. I only had a stepdad for a while...but I would say he was a monster. I cannot imagine if it were someone I loved from infancy.. Are they ok now? Do you get to visit with them? I sure hope they are loving life now...If not the sick bastard is still winning.

(He's still a brother, btw.)
    I do understand the anger on that. One of my family membersis still a JW. Molested children, went to prison, and never was disfellowshipped. I had consentual sex with an adult, and told on myself... I was df'ed 1'st 2nd, and 3rd time was not consentual...but still DF'ed. It took me a long time to loose the raging anger on that. It still angers me, but I do not let it consume me anymore. I hope your friends find peace on this subject and enjoy life.
  • tijkmo
    tijkmo

spark plug...odrade...im fighting back tears (cos im all cried out) listening to you guys..i know there isnt anything i can do for you..but hope your anger subsides to a point that you can at least get some enjoyment out of your life in the future...just wanted you to know

tijkmo....the pain fades to a point where it doesnt fade

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    I do understand the anger on that. One of my family membersis still a JW. Molested children, went to prison, and never was disfellowshipped. I had consentual sex with an adult, and told on myself... I was df'ed 1'st 2nd, and 3rd time was not consentual...but still DF'ed. It took me a long time to loose the raging anger on that. It still angers me, but I do not let it consume me anymore

Sparkplug,

This is the stuff that makes my blood boil. I never went through a situation like this, but the intense anger and rage I feel when I read a story like this is unimaginable. I am very sorry this happened to you, I don't per say believe in hell, but I do know that these men will pay somehow.

Odrade,

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends.

• zman
    zman

*question to brother* "If I kept the receipt can I take my baptism back????"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit