Question-- Should I inform the Sheriff??

by Junction-Guy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

For those of you who dont already know by now, the Sheriff's Deputy who told us to stop picketing last thursday works for the very same department that I do. She works patrol, and I work corrections. I remember when she used to work in the jail a few years ago, but Im not sure if she recognized me. Anyway im faced with a dilemma and there are 2 possible choices

1.Speak to the Sheriff and inform him of my picketing activities, and hopefully he can give me some legal tips on my picketing and tell me what can be done, and where. This will be a good opportunity for me to do some anti-witnessing, plus offer my help on any cases that involve Jehovah's Witnesses.

2. Quit picketing in my county, and venture into other counties and jurisdictions. I can meet with other Police Chiefs and Sheriffs in surrounding counties and see what kind of ordinances they have that would hinder me from picketing.

Quitting picketing altogether is not an option as I have enjoyed it way too much, and I plan to use my free-speech rights to show the world what a destructive, dangerous, and deceitful religion Jehovah's Witnesses are.

What should I do??

This incident last thursday has really go me to thinking, and it kinda gripes me that my free speech rights have been surpressed.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't get in a pickle with the Sheriff.

Picket the Walland and Maryville KH's with me. Some in the congregation still are open and appear to love truth. Remember what the borg said about 'widening out'. Te he he

• Valis
    Valis

eh actually you should contact the city dept in charge of license to demonstrate and then see if it can be arranged for you to picket there. That way if the city can give sanction then perhaps they cops can lay down some flares and you could be on the "median"? Or even maybe contact Walmart accross the street and see if they will help.

Sincerely,

Disrict Overeer

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I'm not familiar with US law, but can't you picket where you damn well like, as long as it's in a public place and not a safety hazard? (<---- Not true in Canada).

• avishai
    avishai

I'd contact an attorney.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

What about the ACLU? Sure they're liberals, but I think they might give you advice for free.

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's in the county, Valis. We didn't want to argue with Deputy Mannequin. Dave (Junction_Guy) can explain the name to you because Jill teased me about her and I'm still blushing. I say let's picket all the Kingdom Halls around the world in a peaceful, nonviolent and respectful manner. The more we are out there the more we help those studying and the ones who have questions see the truth about the WTS and its false doctrines.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

To Valis--This kingdom hall is not in the city limits and is in the county's jurisdiction I believe, therefore the city has no say in this. I will need to check with the county zoning board.

This particular kingdom hall is a very convenient location for me to picket, and lots of people driving by can see my signs. The 2 other KH's I picketed were in the city limits, but they were on low traveled streets. I have tried to avoid city kingdom halls as cities usually have more restrictions than counties. Cities require permits for nearly everything, and usually counties are more lenient

• G Money
    G Money

Ask the Sheriff. Maybe you'll get his blessing or ask how it can be done so as not to block traffic or break the law. Then when a deputy comes out you can say you've already spoken to the Sheriff and to call him if there is a problem.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

First off I'm not a lawyer, but you are an employee of the county pledged to protect all civilians, organizations, and businesses of that said county. Haven't you suffered enough damage from the borg. I don't see your boss being very helpful. Don't sacrifice your job for them. Go picket in another county to have your say. Remember there is a time and a place for everything under the sun. Your 1st responsibility is to protect your mental, physical, and emotional well being. I don't see by pushing the limits in your job you are accomplishing any of those goals, but maybe I'm wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit