UN/Watchtower/Who/

by Voyager 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Voyager
    Voyager

Steve:

This is what is listed and referenced on the 2003 Watchtower CD.----See below:

the

Holy Scriptures: g97 12/8 18; jv 612-13

Bible New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures?With Notes and References: yb97 5

brochure Mission to Africa: yb98 45

And this is what the Yearbook/1998/page-45 states, quote:

The France

branch was assisted in the preparation of a brochure containing details about this activity. The brochure was distributed to government officials and members of the news media, acquainting them with examples of what Jehovah?s Witnesses were doing in a positive and practical way to provide assistance to people in need. A number of officials expressed sincere appreciation for this information. They were impressed especially by what was done to ensure that the supplies would be received by those in need and would be distributed in an equitable manner.

Thanks!

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

OK Voyager, This is my last posting on this subject so here it is:

I?ve explained my point quite clearly in my first posting to this topic, and the simple point was quite innocent being that ?just because someone uses plane of whatever org doesn?t constitute a ?crime? of belonging to them? WT uses many other government service yet they consider it all part of devils system, blah, blah, blah.

Now I know what you are saying and I do not want to go into circular argument with you, which is a tool so fondly used by many religionist and other fundamentalists but in reality doesn?t solve anything because of simple fact that everything is based on personal opinions anyway. In answer to your question, I personally see many hypocritical things this society did including UN debacle.

However, when developing an argument I tend to use concrete evidence. To me personally this argument that ?they used UN plane? is as if someone from Amish community was accused for finally abandoning horse chariot and using a city buss paid by city council which they also view as part of devil?s system. Pretty stupid argument wouldn?t you agree? It doesn?t hit the depth of essence of what is really going on here.

In the case of WT it was that they have actively promoted interests of UN through their literature while at the same time labeling them as ?disgusting thing? that?s what is at the core of it all, not that they?ve used UN plane to deliver humanitarian aid as quickly as possible in the country that has infrastructure that hasn?t changed from the time Neanderthals walked the earth.

In any case I?m aware whatever I say you?ll have a counter argument which is your right and besides I do not have intention to compete with you or to win argument. Everyone here has mind to decide and see what is right from wrong for themselves.

OK Mate? BYE!

• Voyager
    Voyager

cyborgVision:

You failed to answer the question! Do you realize how many statements the Watchtower has made (against) the United Nations, or having (anything) to do with the Harlot/Wild Beast? Then only to turn around and (promote) the very beast if previously condemned?

If your going to (defend) the Watchtower, then at least stand up like a man and do so! If your (not) going to defend it, then I suggest you start posting some information that exposes the hypocrites for what they are and stop wasting our time!

Stop straddling the fence!

Unbelievable!

And Good-Bye to you too!

• cyborgVision
    cyborgVision

I cannot just stand by your accusation without response

I can't believe it, are you illiterate Voyager????????????????????

I personally see many hypocritical things this society did including UN debacle

I?m not defending them and I think anybody reading my postings can see that. All I wanted is to see more about it before making any conclusion ?. (but it doesn?t make sense to talk to someone who has already made his mind, does it Voyager?)

Right now you are displaying an attitude of a real JW who cannot stand that someone disagrees with him. This forum should be a celebration of free thought. What you are now doing is displaying the same dogmatic attitude WT org does (I know you?re gonna be pissed by me saying that but I?m telling you as a friend) Calm down, is WT hypocritical? Yes they are!! In fact, (I don?t know your background but) I?ve been high enough to see it all, so please do not treat me like an idiot. At the outset I've said:

I?ll probably make many enemies by saying this, so please take this as my professional deformation.

Did you get that??? I kind of sensed that what I was about to say might stir some spirits.

But, it should have also told you that I?m open to discussion. My professional background insists from me to check and double check my facts, and before I say anything better make sure that it has some weight and substance ? meaning not something that can be easily disputed even by experts let alone a monkey, which is the primary reason I couldn?t get along with people inside WT. Right now, I see the same attitude; if most of you are like this then this is really not place for me.

Thank you rebel8 for saying I certainly hope politely speaking your opinion as you did does not make enemies! I'd like to think people on this forum have risen above the hatred for independent thinking by now. .
    But apparently I was correct.

this place is then new WT in making!!!!

• Voyager
    Voyager

cyborgVision wrote:

This is my last posting on this subject

Are you a liar ?

• Voyager
    Voyager

cyborgVision wrote:

To me personally this argument that ?they used UN plane? is as if someone from Amish community was accused for finally abandoning horse chariot and using a city buss paid by city council which they also view as part of devil?s system.

So kissing up to the U.N. is (no) big deal to you then! Well it is to many of us. Does the word (supporters) mean anything to you? Read the Watchtower literature, and you'll find that they claim that all (supporters) of this old system of things will be destroyed at Armageddon. Yet the Watchtower turns around and (supports) the very organizations they condemn! Talk about illiterate! Are you so naive to think that the Watchtower is using U.N. planes without (supporting) them in some way?

Do you really think that the Watchtower doesn't have enough money to buy their own cargo plane with 2.8 (BILLION) at their disposal?

Does the word HYPOCRISY mean anything to you?

Get a life!

• undercover
    undercover

I agree with cyborg on this. The fact that the WTS took advantage of a UN program to deliver items to needy people is not that sinister.

The WTS says in the publications that it's okay to use the programs and systems to get financial, medical and nutrional help if needed. So if it's okay for me to receive food stamps or free cheese from a government program that is doomed to destruction, it's not any different than them using the UN program to deliver goods to their own people.

Yes, it is hypocritical to a degree, I'll go along with that, but it's not the smoking gun to prove just how evil the WTS is.

The fact that the WTS got busted as being an NGO of the UN is a better and easier way to show the hypocrisy of the WTS and yet many JWs, most of them in fact, choose to ignore the evidence and facts and continue to support the WTS. If that didn't cause them to think, then this little revelation isn't going to make a dent.

• Voyager
    Voyager

Undercover:

Thank you for your comments!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Apostates, gnawing at those images.

• lurk
    lurk

if to date no one had uncovered the watchtowers membership of the UN as an NGO

all we would see is little hints like this african aid thingy ,hints that they (the ppl up top running the show) are not being as loyal to the WTS beliefs as they expect the all JW's to be.and may have something bigger to hide.

which makes me wonder how many more hints there are in the literature that may not seem that obvious right now.

lurk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit