Watchtower Pictures

by RichieRich 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    He actually tried to explain the difference between wearing your cap backwards for work and wearing it backwards for style. For work = okay. For style = not okay.

That seems somewhat cultish ...

Kwin

• Honesty
    Honesty
    And whenever they show "worldly" people, they are wearing jeans.

I get to do something I never could do as a dub.... wear jeans to worship Jesus at my church whenever I don't feel like wearing a dress shirt, slacks and sandals..

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    He actually tried to explain the difference between wearing your cap backwards for work and wearing it backwards for style. For work = okay. For style = not okay.

That seems somewhat cultish

Ya think????

I wonder how many other religions would devote such time to a discussion on how to wear a hat!

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    Jeans are bad! I guess the WT looks like the Gap commercials!

I guess that since Gap is dumping Sarah Jessica Parker, the WT is probably calling her agent with an offer!

laters

kaykay_mp

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

WoW! I never thought to much about this. My JW days were here in Florida, so most conventions we attended were here or Atlanta, hot,hot,hot!!! I wore sundresses, and one halter dress that I made and loved! No one ever said anything to me? I was a young teen too! ( 14-17) hmmmm! This would have been during the 70`s.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    I get to do something I never could do as a dub.... wear jeans to worship Jesus at my church whenever I don't feel like wearing a dress shirt, slacks and sandals..

Me too Honesty........

to those who ever worked on quick builds............about 1990 the WT said we should not be wearing T-shirts with any kind of "product" names or pictures....beer, sports teams, etc. .......that if we wear a T-shirt, it should be plain. We didn't want to give any observers a bad opinion of JW's. What a crock!

HappyDad

• Jez
    Jez
    to those who ever worked on quick builds............about 1990 the WT said we should not be wearing T-shirts with any kind of "product" names or pictures....beer, sports teams, etc. .......that if we wear a T-shirt, it should be plain. We didn't want to give any observers a bad opinion of JW's. What a crock!

It is all just so superficial isn't it. How we dress, how we look, doesn't matter what is inside your heart, but damn...you better LOOK THE PART!!!!

Jez

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Right on Jez!!!

The borg are "hey we don't care what your thoughts are, just don't disagree with us"

or

"we'll take a thin veneer any day of the week over the real thing"

or

"don't send your money to Save the Children, send it to us we'll give them Watchtower & Awakes to spiritually feed them"

or

"we may be conterfeit but let's look like really good imitations"

or

"leave the deep things to Jehovah to judge, we'll judge you on the shallow things"

LOL

• detective
    detective

As for Elvis not wearing jeans, I'm looking at a picture i keep on my desk of the king and he is, in fact, wearing jeans.

That's just nitpicky, I know. But in this 1957 picture, he really did his jeans justice.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

jez...

who cares who told the truth who cares whose right or wrong

so long as we can sweep it all away and just move on

if you're the first to speak you get to sow the seeds of doubt

appearance is all that matters now..its all they care about

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit