DF'd and dirty looks

by loosie 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• loosie
    loosie

I have a friend she is disfellowshipped. She suffers from depression. She wants to go back. But when she goes into the KH, not only does no one talk to her of course but they also give her dirty looks. It's like they are pissed off for having made eye contact with her. It's so stupid. That cong. has the meeting broadcast so you can get it on your radio in the parking lot. What if she went and just sat in the car and listen on the radio. That way she could hear what was going on and wouldn't have to go in and endure their dirty looks. She could let an elder know she was out there, so they would know that she "attended". Do you think that would be good enough for them?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Depends on if they want to be pricks and make her "take her medicine" Gosh I hate dub disfellowshipping. Its a sucky @ss interpretation of the bible

• bisous
    bisous

I think *and hope* for her sake she should examine the sick religious tenets that would advocate such behavior in the first place. Buy her the book "Crisis of Conscience" and encourage her to find her way out of this abusive cult.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I doubt it.

Some one here even posted that an elder told him he needed to suffer.

Cults suck. (is it Kwin who says this? Sorry for the plagerism. The phrase is apropos.)

-Aude.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like a good idea. She could listen to the different radio stations, bring her own cd's, talking books, etc, etc, while she is getting credit towrds working off her punishment.

S

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I have a friend she is disfellowshipped. She suffers from depression. She wants to go back.

The depression is more than likely caused by the hateful and unscriptural doctrines of those apostate members of the GB of JW's. Help her break free from this destructive cult that brings spiritual death to its adherents.

• Purza
    Purza

Probably not. Perhaps she could approach the elder body and make that request, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I remember feeling like everyone hated me when I was DFd. I was told afterward that it was my imagination. Didn't make it any easier for me at the time, so I know what your friend is experiencing and I feel for her.

Purza

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I think you should try to help her out of the cult and to move on with her life.

GBL

• Scully
    Scully

loosie writes:

I have a friend she is disfellowshipped. She suffers from depression. She wants to go back. But when she goes into the KH, not only does no one talk to her of course but they also give her dirty looks. It's like they are pissed off for having made eye contact with her. It's so stupid. That cong. has the meeting broadcast so you can get it on your radio in the parking lot. What if she went and just sat in the car and listen on the radio. That way she could hear what was going on and wouldn't have to go in and endure their dirty looks. She could let an elder know she was out there, so they would know that she "attended". Do you think that would be good enough for them?

As far as JWs are concerned, for a DFd person to endure the dirty looks and shunning while attending meetings with a view to being Reinstated? demonstrates "the right heart condition", "humility", and "repentance". It's all part of the sick and twisted mindset that requires a person to suffer this kind of humiliation in order to be accepted back into the fold. If she ever reaches the point of actually being reinstated, you can be sure that she will still be gossiped about and remembered for whatever "sin" she was accused of committing, even though that information is supposed to be "confidential".

If she has no family ties in the KH, she'd be so much better off getting therapy for her depression, holding her head high and flipping them the bird while she walks away forever.

Love, Scully

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Do you think that would be good enough for them?

Who's 'them' ?

• Maybe some would like to see her kill herself - and satisfy themselves that "they were right about her".
    • Maybe some are just nazi pansies that scoff with the crowd pack.
    • Maybe some are just scared themselves, and so don't look at her because they don't want repercussions, and they don't even know right from wrong anymore.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit