The Cult of Four "Just Imperfect" Men

by Farkel 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

: dont wanna rain on your parade or nothing..and i did enjoy the read...but how do you know this stuff...did you know all the men personally

I know much of this stuff because of research and knowing people who knew Franz and Knor rand from writings from people who knew these men. I know much about Franz because I heard him speak so many times. There is much research available, and don't forget: the WTS publications themselves tell us a bunch about these men.

I may be old, but I'm not old enough to remember Russell or Rutherford!

Farkel

• Valis
    Valis
    I may be old, but I'm not old enough to remember Russell or Rutherford!

Farkel, I thought you were the reason we shouldn't celebrate birthdays..

• Farkel
    Farkel

bttt this three year old piece for newer ones. The theme of this piece emphasizes how myth, mystery and miracle is the sole basis for the existence of the WTS and that charismatic leaders were essential to mold and motivate their worker bees for the ends of the leaders.

It is also a stark reminder at just how important these four men were in forming a true cult of personality, despite their claims lies that no one individual is important and that the "organization" itself is everything.

Farkel

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Thank you Farkel! I have learned a lot about Rutherford and Russell but this is the most I've learned about Franz and Knorr. The point that really stands out to me most though is why the WTBTS is so opposed to beards, which are a God-given natural gift. I've never heard this explanation before but it makes so much sense- Rutherford wanted to replace Russell's followers (who like Pastor C.T. wore beards) with his own (babyfaces)! Is this when "clean-shaven Jesus" began making his appearance in WT publications?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So Jaracz isn't really doing anything different with his reins of power. It's the same controlling system, only without the Rutherfordian personality cult.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great essay,Farkel.

Bangalore

• smiddy
    smiddy

This topic needs a to be read by newbies and lurkers , long , but well worth the read , and so apt for our day.

smiddy

• Simple Minds
    Simple Minds

Great summery

you are able to take a lot of information that could be boring, but you made it interesting informative and funny, thanks

• smiddy
    smiddy

S M , it was not me who initially posted this topic , however i thought it worthwhile bumping it .

I hope others view it ,as it contains many an insight.

smiddy

• flipper
    flipper

Once again thanks for bumping up another of Farkel's really great, timeless threads. Lots to be learned here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit