Jehovah's Witnesses and interracial marriage

by what_Truth? 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brummie
    Brummie

Very common in the Midlands UK, I dated and was to marry inter-racially, my finding out the "truth" about the Org ended that 3 yr relationship. Most of my mates married inter-racially and I liked the huge numbers of I/R couples as it demonstrated the "great crowd out of eery nation" !

Brummie

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Welcome, drunkenpikachu. I don't think I have ever heard it as official dub policy that interracial marriage is unclean. Your mum may be voicing one of her own ideas here. Is that possible?

I agree with you on the GF. I'd much rather be with someone that is reasonable than a rabidly zealous member of *any* religion.

J

• Sassy
    Sassy

I actually always thought that JWs were not prejudiced including towards IR marriages..

It was the one thing I respected about the religion..

after I left, I was surprised to hear that others did not experience the same

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In the Spanish congregations, at a personal level and not religiously speaking, I see a tendency to discriminate (when it comes to marrying that person) against the ones with darker skin color, broader noses, or kinky hair texture. I kid you not!

I've heard comments like "I don't want ugly people in my family!", or, "please think of your children and how it'll downgrade the family features".

Racism will never end.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit