What do you do when you're stuck in back of a Sunday Driver?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Eh, whats the hurry? All that stress and angst and guess what you arrive 20 seconds ahead of when you would have if you just stayed behind them and enjoyed the scenery. Too much stress for me for a 20 second lead.

Kate (of the never in a hurry to get anywhere class)

• Valis
  • ButtLight
    ButtLight

I just get pissed, and pass! Usually cause they are all old, and I just cant flip them off!!!!!!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I suppose I'm different...I just relax, ease back so I'm not on the bumper of the car ahead, and enjoy the drive. Who knows why someone up ahead is driving slowly, it doesn't automatically imply selfishness. Perhaps they are very old and don't see well, perhaps there is a problem with their car. In any event, I view speed limits as a MAXIMUM allowable rate for traffic, based on average traffic density and visibility. No foul in driving a bit below the limit. It is the fool who attempts to pass in an unsafe manner who causes an accident. Sometimes life provides you with the lesson you need the most, if you frequently find yourself being "impeded" by slower drivers, perhaps you need to learn patience.

• JH
    JH

Quebec drivers are lousy drivers. We are impatient, don't follow the law, when we see max 55 and min 45, we add both and that gives 100

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Run em over with your SUV

• blondie
  • prophecor
    prophecor

My first reaction is to pass them, but then I calm down...but then I get upset when they get to the traffic light and pass on the green/yellow, and I have to stop at the RED light.....
    I try to view moments like that as God's way of trying to teach me some patience, I never know when someone in front of me might be an elderly person who really deserves the respect, then at other times, I go into my NASCAR mentality, which usually has a negative effect on my emotions when flying past them, whoever they might be. Although a relatively safe driver, I feel better when I don't allow my emotions to get the best of me while behind the wheel, and besides, there are days when I prefer to just coast along the hi-ways of life, and now, at my age, it comes in more often than not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit