What do you do when you're stuck in back of a Sunday Driver?

by JH 17 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I took a ride this morning, and It must be Easter Sunday's fault. Most people are driving so slowly. They come out of church, and drive well below the allowed speed limit. I was following a car going at 40km/h in a Max 50 zone, and when he was allowed to go at 80km/h, he kept on going at 40-45 km/h.

Many Sunday drivers drive at the same speed, no matter if they are in a 50km/h zone or 80km/h zone.

In a way, they cause accidents by going too slow.

My first reaction is to pass them, but then I calm down...but then I get upset when they get to the traffic light and pass on the green/yellow, and I have to stop at the RED light.....

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

JH, you would hate me if you saw me on the road, because I drive so slow that old people pass me and give me the middle.

My first reaction is to pass them, but then I calm down...but then I get upset when they get to the traffic light and pass on the green/yellow, and I have to stop at the RED light.....

If they're as slow as me, you'll be able to catch up to them after the light turns...and then you can pass them.

• Poztate
  • stevenyc
    stevenyc

My father at one point worked 60 miles from home, and the road to get there was an old roman road, one lane in each direction. One day he was driving to work, when he found himself at the back of a large car train, so large he couldn?t see the beginning. He supposed that a farm vehicle was at the front slowing everything up. This would piss my father off, especially if the vehicle wouldn?t occasionally pull over to allow car to move past. After nearly an hour of 25mph driving it came close to his turn to overtake the CAR at the front slowing everyone up. Yep, it was an annoying Sunday driver, doing his thing on a work day! My dad was ?quick to temper? at things like this, being an elder became no solace to ?slow-driving road-hogging idiots? as he would call them.
    When he overtook the car he felt it appropriate to vent his frustration in a manner befitting such selfish driving. He wound down his window, voiced imaginative expletives while demonstrating ?the bird?, and saw a fear on the face of this Sunday driver.
    This frozen space of locked eyes changed with the sudden realization from both parties: in the car was a fellow elder, driving his wife, and an old sister
    Later that evening while my father was recounting this story to me he started in a concerned manor. But, by the end of the story we were both on the floor laughing.

steve

• franklin J
    franklin J

pass them

• AlanF
    AlanF

Depends on what I'm driving.

On my motorcycle, I jump over them.

If I can't pass when I'm driving my car, I ease up to their rear bumper and then start pushing.

AlanF

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

AlanF,

Were you following me last night?

• JH
    JH
    pass them

Good answer, but it was a full line ______________________________________________________________ and not ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Elsewhere
  • JH
    JH

A few years ago, I took a ride to Montreal (a city not that far away) and I was in back of a slow poke. When I passed him, I gave him the look.... and he looked at me...and it was the Circuit Overseer.

hehe *blush*

Just happens to be that there is 3 million people in that city, and it had to be him....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit