apocolypse.. bruce campbell style!

by candidlynuts 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ALIEN APOCOLYPSE that is..

watched bruce campbells new movie on sci fi tonight.. it was hilarious.. all that trouble to kill the bugs and really, all they needed was a big can of RAID!

a review:

Alien Apocalypse, the newest Bruce Campbell vehicle is a rollicking, bug-kicking good time. Brought to you as an original Sci-Fi movie, this is the story of astronauts returning from a space-probe mission after forty years of cryogenic sleep. They find that Earth has been invaded by giant mites from an unpronounceable planet that have enslaved humans in order to harvest precious wood.

Humans are either slaves or bounty hunters working for the bugs and wearing vinyl pants. Grammar has apparently fallen out of fashion in the future along with personal hygiene. No one has thought to attempt to kill any of these creatures before, but are instead waiting for the fabled US president to lead a revolution. But he has not shown his face in the twenty years since the invasion. Ivan (Campbell) and friends set out on a pilgrimage to locate the would-be hero.

• blondie
    blondie

If you missed it last night, it will be shown again on Thursday night, March 31, at 8 pm CST on the Sci-Fi channel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Gawd... I was unfortunate enough to stumble across this show last night.

Awful I must say... truly awful. The acting was, at best, high-school or college play quality.

The costumes looked like someone raided a cheap Halloween gag shop. The beards alone were a disgrace. It literally looked like someone glued a mat to the men?s faces.

Then there is the dialog. <---- That's all I've got to say about that (Speaking Forest Gump style).

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

I have to add .... Sci-Fi channel movies are notoriously bad. A can't think of one of their original movies that I loved.

Curiously enough, I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for this turkey.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Alien Apocalypse, the newest Bopping Bob vehicle is a rollicking, tire-kicking good time. Brought to you as an original Sci-Fi movie, this is the story of democrats returning from an orgy after forty years of wild booze/drug partying. They find that Earth has been invaded by neocons from an unpronounceable group that have enslaved humans in order to harvest precious dollars.

Humans are either slaves or politically correctness enforcers working for the neocons and wearing polyester pants. Proper pronouncing of nuclear has apparently fallen out of fashion in the future along with personal freedom. No one has thought to attempt to break free of these creatures before, but are instead waiting for the fabled US president to follow the constitution. But he has not shown his face in the twenty years since the invasion. Bopping bob and friends set out on a pilgrimage to locate the would-be hero.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

its cheezy special effects , costumes, and dialogue is what made it so freakin funny..

the way the bug bit peoples heads off was a hoot.

its badness is what makes it good lmao. ( i watched it with 4 nerds which made it even MORE funny)

• FMZ
    FMZ

This was a movie geared 100% to Campbell's style. The directorship completely put me in mind of Sam Raimi, I was very surprised to find that he didn't direct it. It's no wonder that the actual director Bob Tapert, though, has worked with Raimi for years, on series like Hercules and Xena Warrior Princess.

I loved it, corny as hell, piled with cheesiness, and only Bruce Campbell (If Chins Could Kill...) could pull off the line "I do cure people. You're stupidity was terminal, and now you are cured".

Been hooked on Campbell since the first time I saw Evil Dead. Awesome guy. Anyone else seen Bubba Ho-Tep? Again, only Campbell fans could watch it without wanting to vomit.

FMZ

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

bubbahotep was hilarious.. i went around for a week saying " pecker" in a psudeo-elvis voice lmao

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

I love Bruce Campbell`s movies!! I can`t believe I missed this! I was watching American Idol of course! I`ll have to check it out tonight, thanks Blondie!

• Survive1999
    Survive1999

When Bruce was in Royal Oak Michigan doing a book tour for "If Chins Could Kill" he stopped in at Thomas video. I quickly unbolted the stock on my shot gun and got it signed.

"This is my boom stick" his PR guy litteraly almost wet his pants when the aformentioned object was identified. Bruce was cool with it though!

My buddy knows the folks who run Anchor Bay Entertainment, so he sees Bruce about once a year or so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit