What was the most INTENSE thing a householder did to you while in Service

by GetBusyLiving 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I cannot believe how some human beings live out in the rurals of Arkansas........actual dirt floors....living with bugs and the smell of urine........my stomach is turning just with the thought

I can relate! City projects can be JUST as bad............a pioneer took me on a bible study one day........we go into the house and there are about TEN people sleeping in various spots about the house.........she told me before we went in to NOT put my book bag on the floor because of the roach problem..............they were everywhere..........

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Working territory near a college area one time, and a very pregnant sister remembers she has a RV so, we knock on the door and a half dressed guy comes to the door............invites us in, she enters........I'm feeling uncomfortable about this, but, I'm not about to let my pregnant friend go in there alone, so I follow.........long story short, one guy comes out of the shower with nothing but a towel around his bottom half, and "accidentally" drops it. It was all I could do to not laugh in his face, but, instead, I said something to the effect of him not having anything I haven't seen before...........I WAS a married sister, after all..........lol.........but, I wasn't about to let some asshole college kid think he had the little bible thumper JW woman all flustered.........his friends all laughed their asses off! Then there was the spanish gentleman who tried to kiss me.........I just drew myself up in a dignified way and scolded him.........he was soooooo embarrassed........he had been drinking..........I've been peed on, pooped on (by animals) threatened with guns, etc...........Tal, I have a dog story for ya: I approached a house that was surrounded by a fence, nothing special, opened the gate, dog comes out barking, and waving his tail, and I petted him and made friends, then walked to the front door and rang the bell. Guy opens the door, looks at me, looks at dog, says: "how'd you get up here? I said I walked thru your gate and up the walk." He said: "dog usually doesn't allow people onto the property".........I'm like......."oh, well, he and I are friends.......I like dogs." He was really amazed. LOL...........one more funny experience: me and a pioneer sister were doing H/H in town.....lots of three story houses, with 6 apts on each floor.......you walk in and there are three doors on each side of the hallway...........anyways, we were doing the knock knock thing and at one "door" there's an answer.............turns out to be a bathroom and the guy's in there doin' his bizness.............lol!

• lawrence
    lawrence

While pioneering in Everett Mass. with my pioneer partner we were invited into a house where 3 teenage girls were having their morning hangover remedies - beers and whiskey shots. We were offering them a Truth Book bible studty as they discussed which one of us they would jump and how they wanted to be 'serviced.' Yes, they would take the Bible Study - last thing was said as one began to lap dance my partner. He booked and left me with the three, who I had to convince that I was a faithfully married Christian ... the angels must have opened the door. My partner was at the corner sweating and shaking. I had dreams of those girls for years after DAing.

• Shania
    Shania

Good Morning Everybody, Happy Bunny Day My experience dealt with an old priest, he comes to the door collar hafe off ,a cigar haginging out of his mouth.........on Sunday mind you. He sees the WT.&AWK. and goes "Ape" on us. He starts yelling you want truth I'll show you truth---------he then grabs mags out of my hands and rips them up in front of us and throws them in our face........(nice huh) My partner (new to the truth) starts yelling back at him "go take up another collection in your church to buy a new cadilac to ride you sorry ass around!" Now I ask you my friends how could you leave on a postive note? Do you think have a nice day would fit? or perhaps your a goat and are going to be bird food at armageddon. GUESS WHAT WAS SAID?

• FairMind
    FairMind

1.) A brother I was working with said that I should take the next house (rural area in GA). A man asked from his back porch who was I? When I said ?one of Jehovah?s Witnesses? he hollered out ?Emma get my shotgun?. The brother that had sent me to the door was dying laughing when I ran back to the car, seems he knew what I was going to encounter.

2.) In the middle 70?s I started a Bible with a man that was a Black Muslim. On the third study we began discussing God?s name. When I asked him what God?s name was he said Allah. I of course corrected him by informing him that Allah was a title not a name and that God?s name was Jehovah. This man looked me dead in the eyes and with the most serious of intent said, ?If I didn?t like you I would get out of this chair and cut your throat. I was almost paralyzed with fear and as quickly as possible ended the study. I will say that to my credit I went back to see the man one more time, taking a black brother with me.

3.) Same brother as in the shotgun incident was working with me when a lady householder began speaking in tongues. I wasn?t frightened, just curious but the brother I was with absolutely panicked. I thought it was a hoot!

4.)

I just hauled off and clocked him

Reminds me of the time one of my Bible Studies told a householder ?I bet you won?t come out on the street and repeat what you just said?. I don?t know what the man said to him but do know he was wise to avoid the fight.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

This one happened to my mom (who passed away long ago) We were "vacation pioneering" in Vermont. My mom was talking to a lady at the door, and a bird landed on her head...and clung to her hair! My mom freaked out...and the lady laughed hysterically. Took a while to remove the bird....it was during the 60s, and my mom teased her hair and used lots of hairspray...

Coffee

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and there was the time - I was working with an elder and only been baptized about two years - anyway this woman came to the door in a see through negligee type nighty - God I was baptized and married but I swear if that elder had not ben with me I would have gladly fu----d her brains out

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

mine wasnt that intense but i remember a guy slamming the door so fast he got his tie caught and he couldnt move..he waited a while until he thought we had gone but we stayed until he opened it and we smiled

• TheOneBuck
    TheOneBuck

We were "vacation pioneering"

Ughhh... Thank goodness my mom was a non-believer and I never had to do that!!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

nothing really new but i feel like posting darn it.

threatened to be shot with gun

threatened to be beat up by guy who looked like his face has been chainsawed

was attacked on a porch by a hog

dogs, many dogs. one annointed brother showed me a trick to scare off dogs. you

bend over and pretend you are picking up a rock.

no naked guys came to the door in all the years i went d to d, darn it.

had a hose turned on me.

i loved field service,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit