Really Simple question for the fundys

by hippikon 30 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

God is invisible because after he destroys all the men, women and children on earth, except the JW's, he doesn't want anyone to see how ashamed he is for his biggest screw up to date.

• Zero
    Zero

Waiting: Its nice to meet you too.

Hipikon: You ask "Why is God hiding?" I didn't know 'He' was.
    Wind is invisible - or is it? Would you say wind is hiding in a hurricane or a tornado?
    Wind and spirit are the same word in Greek.
    Then again, maybe spirit is made of something like neutrinos. They can go through anything, and they are invisible. Science is very fascinated with its discovery. (Excuse personifying 'science' in this case. How 'Hebrew' of me!)

• hippikon
    hippikon

Dana: Not wanting to be antagonistic but:

the #1 reason God makes himself invisible to us is faith. Faith, as you know is the things hoped for but not seen. God his told us that he does want to worship him in faith.

Why? What’s the big deal about faith? Why dose God love the Gullible? Why dose God love Sycophants? It’s kinda like saying “I’ll only be real to you if you think really hard about me being real and suck up to me a lot?”

I have take the princples written in the Bible and put them to pratice. They over all work. If one does live by these standards, you would have less trouble in this life. If I don't steal, I get to keep my freedom and stay out of trouble. People trust me more. If I don't cheat on my wife, I have a over all better marriage (I think you see the point I'm making here).

Yes common sense. But as the bible itself explains .

*** Rbi8 Romans 2:14-15 ***
    For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. 15 They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts,

A bit like the Mosaic law says that, when you take a dump go outside the camp and burry it. And I suppose all the other nations were craping in their living rooms because they didn’t have the bible and therefore didn’t know any better

there have been things that have happen to me in my life that can't just be explained by science or natural laws.

I agree that none have all the answers but I’m not prepared to invent answers or speculate without a logical basis.

Zero: Thanks for the point you made but you describe inanimate measurable forces. There may be many yet undiscovered inanimate measurable forces in the universe. But I am not ready to attribute them to a God who is unable to communicate rationally.

You guessed it my next question will be

What is faith

And don’t give me that stuff in Heb 11:1. If you read it carefully it’s a description not a definition

“Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld”
  • hippikon
    hippikon

Rex: I see you worship the god of criptic bullshit.

"God was evolutions biggest mistake"
    Hippikon
  • Moxy
    Moxy

"The argument goes something like this: `I refuse to prove that I
    exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am
    nothing.'

"`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it?
    It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so
    therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

"`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly
    vanished in a puff of logic.

"`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to
    prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next
    zebra crossing."

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (r.i.p)

mox

• Not Perfect
    Not Perfect

Hi Hip,

I don't think that I am a fundy either, but may I ask a question or 2
    in retort? Can you prove that you exsist? I know that there is someone posting with your name, but how do I know that your are really a person? I know that you have displayed a personality, but you could be just someone else using the handle that is yours.

There have been some posts that suggest that the only reason that we/people have a need for a God/father figure, is because our parents weren't everything that they should have been, or that they die and leave us. I have pondered that and don't really buy that either. I watch the birds, do you? They create a home for their babys and feed them. They teach them how to fly and then show them how to live their lives and seperate to go on with their own lives. They don't tell them about cats or other big birds that will eat them for lunch. We aren't birds and we don't usually have something wanting to eat us for lunch. Why is that? (I hope that you don't live in a jungle and will be lunch for some tiger).

Why is the human race so complex then? If there isn't a creator/higher power, then what is the point of any of this? Why would you spend your time on a jw site, if there wasn't something pushing you on to find an answer? Do you really expect to find an answer? That is something that you have to look inside your self to find. There is no place or person that you will find to answer your question anywhere, but you allready knew that, didn't you.

All I can say is to let go of the jw thing and stop looking to have other humans give you thier answers for your questions.

Be who you are, unashammed. I am Not Perfect, and have discovered that I NEVER will be.

• ExmormonRobertson
    ExmormonRobertson

You wrote:
    Why? What’s the big deal about faith? Why dose God love the Gullible? Why dose God love Sycophants? It’s kinda like saying “I’ll only be real to you if you think really hard about me being real and suck up to me a lot?”

This isn't the terms I would use but I understand your point of view. But he isn't real just because I think really hard about him. He's real because I've seen him working in my life. Evolution teaches (very basicaly) that everything that's here, everything that we see, all happened by chance. I look around and see how everything came together and I see anything but chance, I see a designer.

As for the Bible laws being just common sense, did you know that if you lived the dietry law written in the OT that no matter how unsanitry food conditions are in any country, you would be safe. Now knowledge about sanitation and proper food preparation and healthy diets is recent knowledge. Doctors only started washing their hands between patience just a little over a hundred years ago. I don't believe that a bunch of sand travelers would have the ability to come up with this on their own.

You said:
    I agree that none have all the answers but I’m not prepared to invent answers or speculate without a logical basis.

I understand that you're looking for logical or reasonable answer to these questions. Again, I can't give you something that you can hold in your hands. If you really want to know God, all you have to do is seek him.

• Zero
    Zero

Hippikon asked "what is faith"?"

The answer to that can vary from individual to individual on both sides of the debate. My opinion is that it is belief based on circumstantial evidence in the absense of concrete proof. This applies to both creationists and evolutionists. It could even apply to a lot of history.
    My definition purposely excludes the extremists on both sides who believe whatever they want and call it faith.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Why is God hiding?

This sounds like a question a child would ask.

God does not hide, people hide from facts and truths that can change their view of what reality is. The JWs are a prime example of this as well as others that cling to false religion, or religion in general.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

"Are You There God? It's me, Billygoat"

By Toody Bloomers

Billygoat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit