Really Simple question for the fundys

by hippikon 30 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

Really Simple question for the fundys

Why is God invisible?
  • philo
    philo

Coz if we could see him we'd call him Derek and start looking for a straighforward, honest to goodness INVISIBLE God, of course.

djeez

philo

• gsark
    gsark

Like Philo said and this also:

If God were visible, we'd go looking for an invisible God, and we'd never be able to find one so we'd be all frustrated and brokenhearted and die.

God being invisible, we all go looking for a visible God, and there are plenty candidates available (ask any Israelite) so it gets overwhelming and so we get all frustrated and brokenhearted and die.

Aren't you glad you aren't my husband...

Now where'd I put that gawsh-dang shovel...

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• larc
    larc

gsark,

I understood every word you said. Of course, I'm a married man and I've heard many conversations like that.

I think God is invisible, because if he was visible, then he would block out the sun, because he is so big. Then, our crops would die, and then we would die, which would make us unhappy. Of course, before we died, we wouldn't suffer from skin cancer, and that is a blessing.

• philo
    philo

Gsark,

You're MARRIED! Guys like me just never get a break.

philo

• willy_think
    willy_think

If God were visible, he would be a product of creation.

"If God were visible, we'd go looking for an invisible God, and we'd never be able to find one so we'd be all frustrated and brokenhearted and die."

hay....isn't that how it is now??? maby he is visible!!! i'm going to look under my bed......no he's not there just the boogy man

• gsark
    gsark

God, I love this board and the people on it

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• Mishnah
    Mishnah

Answer: His nature is of a different kind than yours. One of the properties of that nature makes it invisible to physical-human sight instruments.

Now, why can't you see the wind?

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Silly Hippi, don't you know that God lives in a slightly different time phase than us. Didn't you see that episode of Star Trek? A .04 variance would make him invisible. If only Geordi LaForge were here, he could change the frequency modulation of the phase inverters.

BTW, I was on drugs when I wrote this.

• Zero
    Zero

Cuz "God is love" and love is invisible. So are the other attributes that are God. Creativity is invisible also. The best things in life, including life, are invisible.
    However, I want to qualify that I am not a "fundy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit