Do JWs love and care for non-believers?

by jaffacake 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Thanks for the replies. I think the early Christians were very different to JWs. I found a quote by the pagan Emperor, Julian who worked hard to get his subjects to honour his gods, but failed. Julian?s ancient writings give us the best indication of how God?s early Christian witnesses behaved to their brethren, and also those non-believers. Julian referred to Christians as ?atheists? and ?godless Galileans? for they worshiped one invisible God and denied his gods. Julian wrote:

?Atheism [ie Christian faith] has been specially advanced through the loving service rendered to strangers, and for their care and burial of the dead. It is a scandal that there is not a single Jew who is a beggar, and that the godless Galileans care not only for their own poor but for ours as well; while those who belong to us look in vain for the help that we should render them.?

• RescueMe
    RescueMe
    Do JWs love and care for non-believers?

Just from my personal experience I would say no. They will use you to suit their needs/wants and then when the decide you are no longer of any value to them, they will drop you completely. Of course I can't say that all are like that, all I can speak of is my personal experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit