Do JWs love and care for non-believers?

by jaffacake 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Being a non-witness, I'm unsure of the official teaching on this.

• Valis
    Valis

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/DF_DA.htm

You can browse some of their inconsistent teaching and see for yourself...

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I liked the one that said"a person could be disfellowshipped for joining a government or organization that goes against godly order"or something like that.I wonder if the U.N.would fit that description!

• rekless
    rekless

No they don't, they are very hypocritical on the subject. They will say they do, but their actions will prove just the oposite when and if the unbeliever doesn't continue to advance in the study plus any oposing questions will cause them to back off and be causious of the unbeliever.

You must realize that their love and concern is built on conditions such as: going to meetings, study, accepting and using their theocratic terminology and language. That is the chief cause of shunning among families. If a member starts to doubt the beliefs then the relationship starts to fade.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you are talking about people who have never been a JW, yes, the care about them if they believe the non-JW has a potential of being recruited as a new member. Once a person makes it clear that they are not interested in joining the religion, JWs will tend to be stand-off-ish.

If you are talking whether or not the Watchtower Society helps non-JWs during a disaster or emergency... I have NEVER seen ANY organized effort to help anyone who was not a JW.

I challenge the Watchtower Society to produce any evidence of any significant aid that was provided to a large group of disaster victims, such as the recent Tsunami.

Note to the Watchtower Society: Distributing literature to disaster victims does not count as ?aid?.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I did not, until about ten years before I left. During that time I made and kept a few worldly friends on the side.

Before that, though, I distanced myelf from all "worldlings", even my own family, to the point that my children barely know their relatives. My children never managed to do this, thank God.

gently feral

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

The organization, not really.

Some individual witnesses, yes.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    You must realize that their love and concern is built on conditions such as: going to meetings, study, accepting and using their theocratic terminology and language .

The Presiding Overseer elder of another congregation was studying the Bible WT publications with my neighbor who lived across the street. My neighbor went in the hospital and during surgery was given a blood transfusion. About 6 months later he died and I called the elder who was studying with him and told him when and where the funeral was going to be. This 'loving' elder told me he didn't care and would not be there. When I asked why not, the elder said that my neighbor took a blood transfusion and when he learned about it the elder terminated all contact with my neighbor. That is the kind of love these sick people show non-JW's.

• moshe
    moshe

I knew of a JW lady who took meals over to an elderly man, she did lots of nice things for him- when he died she inherited the house. She was working on another elderly woman , but the family stepped in.

Moshe

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Didn't anyon ever know witnesses that did nice things with no strings attached?

I recall once I was with an elderly pioneer sister in service. We called on a poor family whose young daughter was in the hospital. That afternoon Lola went and visited the little girl and took her some hair bows and a stuffed animal. She did not share any literature or scriptures or anything. She just showed neighborly compassion.

Also, when my worldly grandmother died, the local congrgation prepared a covered dish dinner for her family, which included only three active witnesses, even though the dinner was going to be held in the fellowship hall of my grandmother's church

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit