Devolution, not evolution

by abiather 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The term "evolution" when applied to the Mind has nothing to do, directly, with Evolution by Natural Selection.

Yes, Homo Sapiens became that, self-aware, because Natural Selection had brought about a brain large enough in the species for the start of what are really Philosophical thoughts.

The mind since those times has "evolved" in the sense of advancing in thought and understanding, but is not appreciably larger than in early humans.

As has been said, I simply do not understand what you are claiming in your Post Abiathar, Evolution by Natural Selection is surely not your target, maybe Abiogenesis is ?

Are you fearful that Science has shown that there is simply no need to believe in a Creator God ? Is that what your Posts are about ?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

That is the most muddle-headed post in the history of the internet.

Organisms only evolve if there are selection pressures. In a stable environment, with no competition there is no advantage in change.

The rest of your post is the usual negative, cultish whinging.

I concur. OP, you really need to read and study science. The Governing Body of Jehovah Witnesses don't want you to seek higher education, so that you remain ignorant.

An organism, if the environment is stable, will reproduce. Not hard to understand.

• abiather
    abiather
    Cantleave, Galaxie and Phizzy,

My point is that there never never evolution of beings; it has always been a Good Start by God, then deterioration brought out by humans. [Virtually all cultures and religions of the world point to a Golden Age and to a Great Fall that mankind experienced from it]. In the beginning it was Golden Age in which technology is naturally at its best. For example, mode of transportation was through pollution-free, risk-free and accident-free airplanes! Indirect proof for this exists in language! Sanskrit word Chumbak Mani (literally translated as the ‘jewel that attracts’) is equivalent to what the modern term SEMICONDUCTOR-MAGNET implies, and it was a vital component of ancient Indian aviators’ inventory. That means Viman Shastra (Aeronautical Science ) was part of ancient India’s real-life! Interestingly, chemists in the Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, who were testing the veracity of the various claims, especially relating to material science including that ancient aeronautical manual, is reported to have synthesized Chumbak Mani by calcining and melting 14 exotic ingredients including buffalo horn and mercury at 1,200° C!

What the Science accomplishes now cannot be termed as accomplishment—it’s like making a profit of $100 and making a loss of $1000 at the same time. Side-effects of what its application (technology) does neutralizes all its plus points. For example, in cities like Delhi pollution rate is so much that a non-smoker suffers as much as a smoker who smokes 12 cigarettes a day, says a scientific study. 

• galaxie
    galaxie
    Abiather..thanks for the reply...Phew !! We do live in wonderful world of diversity. Hope you always have peace and happiness. 
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I love not being a thiest  and as funny as this is its a little insulting to golden retrievers a very intelligent breed...

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Wow! Flying buffalo horns on fire? Man how do you manage to live in the real world? Are you accessing internet through buffalo horns too?
  • abiather
    abiather

John Mann

You missed "melting 14 exotic ingredients" including buffalo horn!

How could see only buffalo horn?

You can make fun of when you hear things you have not heard before--that's your choice! However, things have been perfect in the beginning. In ancient India there was a law that says "If a beggar is found in a kingdom, the king of that kingdom will be disqualified."

Why such perfect laws were abandoned?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    One can dismiss this as an exception*!

It actually helps to prove evolution is true.

• Viviane
    Viviane

My point is that there never never evolution of beings

You started out well....but then derped the derpiest derp I've ever seen derped.

...i has always been a Good Start by God, then deterioration brought out by humans...
    Sanskrit word Chumbak Mani (literally translated as the ‘jewel that attracts’) is equivalent to what the modern term SEMICONDUCTOR-MAGNET implie...
    ... is reported to have synthesized Chumbak Mani by calcining and melting 14 exotic ingredients including buffalo horn and mercury at 1,200° C!

You're demonstrating some interesting congnitive dissonance, both complaining about science, but using science to show how science is not that great. 

• abiather
    abiather
    Viviane (and also John Mann),

Flying machine without using the air-polluting fuel is not a matter to be laughed at. If we remove the alphabet “t” from the word PLANET, we have the word PLANE. You and the entire humanity are aboard on this PLANE called earth, and it is flying at a speed of 30 km per second, i.e., 1,08,000 km per hour! [At this speed, the distance to the moon can be covered in just four hours]

We, rich and poor together, clock 94 crore km of flying in a year aboard the spinning satellite that is what our planet is. We are space travelers! Our position is never static, even when we are asleep in our bedrooms. Travelling on this unique plane, the list of destinations reads like `morning', `noon', `evening', `night', `summer', `winter', `spring' and the like. Are we fully aware of, acknowledge and appreciate what Nature has made possible for us to experience, without having to pay for the cosmic ride? Or are we taking it for granted just because it’s too big in comparison with tiny planes we have designed? Are we obsessed with the idea that only small things require a designer and big things do not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit