tonights memorial

by bonnzo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

a scripture was read during the talk i never thought of before, 1cor 11:26 which says:"for as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the lord, until he arrives."

if he arrived in 1914, why do we still "eat this loaf and drink this cup"?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    if he arrived in 1914, why do we still "eat this loaf and drink this cup"?

I don't know, but it's a good point.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Are you serious? They said that you should eat and drink until he arrives...but you are actually NOT encouraged to partake, isn't that right? And Jesus supposedly has returned....so...? I don't get it.(Not a JW here, so I'm confused)

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

even if only the "144,000" or those that are still on earth are to partake, the question still remains.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Witnesses still believe that Jesus will return when "every eye shall see him". In a sense that would make him have two returns. I don't get it either, but this is what my faithful mother told me

Moanzy

• Golf
    Golf

"Rememberance" You know, like Birthdays, Christmas Easter, etc.

Golf

• duckie
    duckie

Wow, good point, I have never thought about that before, so I wonder what the average JW would say if this question was posed to them. On one hand they could say "he arrives when the new system is here" but on the other hand, they do believe that he has arrived in 1914 so giving any explaination would deny their belief

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

i thought exactly the same thing when they read the verse. just doesnt make sense.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

its the same reasoning as daniel 12 :1 where jesus is described as standing and whilst standing he then stands up...one happened in 1914/18/19 and the other happens at armageddon 1914/18/19/25/35/75/84/99/2014/2034/sometime/anytime/never/but definately very soon now

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, they need something to "celebrate" - that always gets me.... the way they call it a celebration. If I celebrate anything, there's no way I would pass on the wine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit