Mom said we would still be family regardless of my decision

by M@el5trom 14 Replies latest jw friends

• M@el5trom
    M@el5trom

Thanks for the kind words. I do know that despite what was said if I was to DA or get DFed that that could change that anyways. I mosstly (for know) plan to just keep the status quo.

I have wondered sometimes about my dad in terms of his strength, but no way to know.

Mael

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Some things are personal. You don't need to discuss everything with your parents. You can be kind and respectful without airing your personal laundry to them. You don't need to discuss every bit of your sex life with your parents, and neither do you need to discuss every aspect of your spiritual life with them.

I think it's commendable that they love you and wanted you to know that. Keep the communication open and continue the fade, even if the pressure mounts.

• TheListener
    TheListener

What you've done and what you're doing takes courage. Walking away the way you guys have can be really dificult. I'm glad your parents have reacted well. Be careful not to try and anti-preach to them too fast or with too much information. Maybe you can have some kind of understanding that if they don't shun you, you won't try to subvert their faith. I've seen that work in the past. As long as you're not da'd/df'd the congregation shouldn't be worried about them associating with you.

Good luck and since I haven't said it before Welcome and it's nice to meet you.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Hello M@el5trom,

first: welcome to the board...

and second: good to know that your parents obvious aren't going to shun you when you fading is changing in de-associating.

regards, Branda

• franklin J
    franklin J

welcome to the forum.

Your Mom and Dad sound like loving parents, doing what parents are supposed to do...be supportive of their children, and not on a power trip to control them.

Good for them! Good for you!

good luck to you!

regards, Frank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit