SCHIAVO

by SixofNine 48 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Herr commandant!

I know, I know, I'm goin' to hell for that... but you're going to hell for having an opinion on it in the first place. It's nonya bidness.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

um, that wasn't obscure enough, I think you need to make it even more so

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, I'll jump into the breach! Let the poor thing GO. Damn it, if I looked down, over or at myself after 15 years of that kind of existence, I'd be really pissed at whoever let me stay like that for that long.

She had an eating disorder. That is many times brought on by stress and the feeling that one has no control over one's life. I had that living with my parents and I tell you true, if I was in Terri's situation my parents would have done exactly the same thing Terri's are doing. Not because of love but because of wanting control. And attention. My parents would haved loved the attention: "look what this is doing to MEEEEEE" was my mother's favorite phrase.

The feeding tube: my uncle Paul had one. He had enough left in him to tell me the night before the surgery to install a feeding tube in him: "I don't want it." He whispered it because he had Parkinson's and Alzheimer's and couldn't swallow after his last bout of pneumonia. My parents made the decision based on a doctor's guilt trip but I feel very guilty to this day because I didn't fight it as I should have. Chris was fighting it big time but I should have fought too -- it was the right thing to do -- but instead the poor darling lived for two more nonexistent years. He didn't deserve that. He deserved to die with the dignity my mom got to have -- only morphine to ease the natural passing of a long and well-lived life.

May Terri rest in peace . . . finally.

Nina

• Bryan
    Bryan

I have to agree with Nina... she's so pretty.

My wife and I have been discussing it, and there is no way I want to live in her condition. That's it, she may be aware of something, but that's not life to me. Please, let me go!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    she's so pretty

Aw, thanks for making me laugh! And I am SOOOO thrilled that Evelyne and Baby are home and doing well!!! The circle of life, my friend.

Nina

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Okay Sixy, c'mon... explain the ref.

(Edited to add: Is this a response to Pat Buchanan comparing those who want to let Schiavo die to Nazis?)

• datsdethspicable
    datsdethspicable

The poor thing just sits there. Can't make love, go for a drive, go for a walk outside, eat whatever she wants besides hospital food.

Sex I need. Not being able to lie in bed naked with man exploring each others bodies or just flirting with him would be the end of me.

She really has no life. Let her go so she can enjoy her spiritual life and be free again.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

dats..etc..etc,

Sex I need. Not being able to lie in bed naked with man exploring each others bodies or just flirting with him would be the end of me.

I can just tell, you are the intellectual sort aren't you?

HS

• onacruse
    onacruse

Let her complete the death she's already died.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg
    Okay Sixy, c'mon... explain the ref.

it's a reference to Sgt. Schultz in Hogan's Heroes....he always said Jawohl herr commandant....etc.

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit