bought an outfit for the memorial

by fairchild 19 Replies latest jw friends

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    Could dip the bread in some wine at home..

How clever you are!

If you really wanna do it all the way just have someone wash your feet for you before leaving and you wash his/hers. Then ensure the bread is unleavened and the wine unfermented.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hmmm... okay... so you're a magician, eh?

Well okay... you got the bread covered... now the wine.

You could always get one of those 'juice packs' that kids use for lunches... the kind that you puncture it with the straw and sip the juice?

Hide it in your bosom and ... at the right moment take out the straw and IMPALE - oh, never mind.

*walks away* *mumbles* (got carried away with that one.)

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. But seriously - a grape flavored juice pack... somehow... (Hey! You're the magician!)

(Mentals a string of juice pack straws taped together to form a 3-foot straw that goes down the inside somewhere to a hidden juice pack.)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Bring a thermos.

Nina

• POs Son
    POs Son

I thought about bringing my old Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox and thermos. I am not sure if it would match my outfit... but what the heck?

alt

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

I love the outfit idea; when complimented on it, I hope you have the guts to say, "Thank you I got it at the Catholic...." They raise money for charitable causes by selling 2nd hand clothes like this and I wanted to help them out, isn't that neat?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I bought my outfit for the memorial at a catholic church.

fairchild

Is is wrong that I was hoping you bought a "Catholic Schoolgirl Outfit" to wear to the memorial tonight?

• adelmaal
    adelmaal
    I thought about bringing my old Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox and thermos

You're crackin' me up POs Son...

• fairchild
    fairchild

Just came home from the memorial. It went well. I put a few drops of wine on the bread while still at home, and then wrapped it in a napkin. When the bread was passed around, right after passing the dish to the person who was sitting next to me, I took the napkin out of my pocket, pretended to blow my nose and ate the bread at the same time. Sure enough, as soon as I had finished eating it, I could SMELL the bread and was wondering if the people sitting left and right from me smelled it too. It was kind of embarrassing, but at least I did what I had to do. I remembered the death of Christ Jesus and ate the bread in remembrance of Him.

Everybody was very, very nice to me, smiles were sown all over the place, and it actually felt good to see everyone. One of the elders came over to me and seemed genuinely happy to see me. Of course now I am invited to the 'special talk' on April 17th. I had a lot of mixed and confused feelings about lots of things..

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

What a lot of effort just to keep from admitting to yourself that Santa Clause isn't really coming down the chimney this year.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    What a lot of effort just to keep from admitting to yourself that Santa Clause isn't really coming down the chimney this year.

Oh? He isn't? Sigh..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit