Please help......I am going to the Memorial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by whyamihere 38 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

brooke

like u im confused as far as the "truth" is concerned. i go to all meetings even with doubts, and im a baptized JW. there are a lot of good things about being a JW, as well as the bad. that is true for any religion. i just focus on the good things. it makes life easier when u do that with all things.

• love11
    love11

If you want to have a relationship with your family I would say-

Get your high heels on and high-tail it to that Memorial!!!

There is no nice way of saying that your religion is a cult and your belief in God is really a belief in a really "good" publishing companies idea of a pyramid scheme. I would keep any of those thoughts to yourself if you want them to continue to talk to you.

Smile and Nod alot!

• kls
    kls

Brooke ,go and decide for yourself ,only you can makeup your own mind

and know we will all be here for you no matter what

I send you big sloppy monkey kisses.

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Brooke, big hugs to u for going through the motions. I went last year because silly me, I visited my mom on the wrong week.

Feeling guilty, and from insistant begging on my moms part to go "just for me" I went.

I hadnn't been to one in over 7 years, and it was surreal seeing all these ppl I had grown up with and shared so many times with.

I cried when I saw my best friend's (who died of an od 2 years ago) sister. They look so much alike I could not hold back anything. As far as being happy, I was dealing with ppd, my baby was only 4 months at the time AND SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE THING (lucky me). My mom was sympathetic to my needs with the baby and we sat in the library.

My advice: take your son, let him get all hopped up on caffiene (maybe give him a coke beforehand) and watch the show unfold!

J/k ...you have gotten some great advice from people here. The things we do to keep our families happy, eh? Im sure everyone here will be memorializing Jesus in their own way.

In lieu of wine, Ive decided to partake of some amerreto sours and munch on some triscuit crackers. This year, I remembered when spring equinox was so I could avoid even calling my relatives before or after for the week.

Just sit there with a smug smile on your face, knowing you have found the real "truth" and make all the little Jehoovies squirm. Thats the best part. When stared at cross your eyes and smile and wave. Or stare back. That always works for me.

Melba of the "glad I live 300 miles away" class

• Darkside Blues
    Darkside Blues

Same here . . . I'm just playacting so my parents don't get a bad rep in their cong (my dad got appointed as elder last year, which totally sucks for me.) Just be polite but not friendly. Always act as if you have other people to meet. And take long bathroom breaks. :P

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Brooke

it sounds like you have been given a lot of great advice. If you go just be yourself. Don't let anyone corner you or make you feel bad, If someone says something, just say excuse someone is calling me from across the room. I know you will do perfectly fine even though your heart is in your mouth.

It is only an hour and then you can get out of there fast.

I wish you well and I also wish I lived closer to you to so I could be there for you. But know this for sure my prayers and thought are with you.

all my love

Orangefatcat.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    I am going because I am not ready to be completely shunned by my family. I need advice on what to say if they say "We are so glad you are here." What do I say?

"I appreciate that." and Smile.

if they press.

"I'm working things out as best I can." Smile

Turn head slowly and saunder off. In fact for that reason don't stand next to your chair. Then you have a place to move toward.

• lilbit
    lilbit

ANyone in the Las Vegas area going tonight. I decided to go and I havent been to the kh here. Little nervous about going alone

• Dustin
    Dustin

It'll be O.K. Just think of Norb in his underwear if he comes up to talk to you. You'll either laugh or hurl. Seriously though, don't stress. It'll be alot of small talk.

Dustin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit