Denied!!! See Inside.

by Doubtfully Yours 18 Replies latest social current

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

ODRADE: "The fact that the Supreme Court rejected the appeal shows that they agree with the 20 court rulings previous. For an appeal to have merit to the Supreme court, there must be evidence that laws have been violated and wrong decisions have been made. Not proof, but at least evidence."

• JustMeNonJDub
    JustMeNonJDub

Just because it's legal, doesn't make it moral.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't have an opinion about Terri because I don't know enough in depth info on the case.

For all those Chrisitans who are objecting to letting Terri die: what happened to your resurrection hope? If you have one then don't you think she'll be better off in the happier, healthier life beyond? This is a rhetorical question.

PS: Does anyone know if they are keeping Terri sedated and giving her painkillers to keep her comfortable?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    PS: Does anyone know if they are keeping Terri sedated and giving her painkillers to keep her comfortable?

She is currently sedated.

J

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

In The Today Show this morning Terri's sister that "they were starving a healthy woman".

Healthy???!!! Hellllllllllllloooooooooooo!!! In that comment I knew how wrong Terri's family was in making all this such a public struggle.

All courts can't be wrong. I hope Governor Bush stays away from this.

DY

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I guess terry shiavo and her family are the only people who face tradgedy in thier lives.I'm usually pretty liberal,but ,there are far more important issues out there.It is ashame a woman was cut down in her prime,but that is life.She has not reponded in 6 years or something.How can anyone politizize such an issue.

The only way to stop this,is when someone turns 18,they must file if they want to live or die after X amount of time in a vegative state or x amount of money in that state.

I hate to say it,but it';s her time to go.IMO

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

She doesn't have cognitive functions. Her brain scans have shown that there isn't cognitive activity.

Like someone said earlier, you don't think it would be painful to be locked down to a bed for 15 years? Have you thought about bed sores? Sickness? Infection, diapers, etc. IS THAT PAINLESS?

Cutting someone open and inserting a tube IS playing God. She wasn't able to chew food, if they hadn't performed surgery she would have died 15 years ago, but they cut into her, and inserted a tube. That is called LIFE SUPPORT.

Write your living wills, if you want to live in a vegetative state for the rest of your life, I suggest you go visit a nursing home and see what it's really like. SEE FOR YOURSELF what that would mean for your body. Then make a decision. I've been there, and know it's an inhumane way to die.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

I've been there, and know it's an inhumane way to die

You've been on a feeding tube?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

No, I said go to a nursing home and see what it looks like. I said "I've been there" referring to nursing homes and that includes working at my local hospital as a student.

In my opinion, watching a body die slowly from the inside out is inhumane. Allowing someone a peaceful passing is much more humane. Of course, that is my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit