Should jws use handkerchiefs?

by badboy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I understand they have a pagan connection!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Are you having a laugh?

Enlighten me, where do you derive this information?

DB

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Well, yes, but NOW they serve the fine, wholesome purpose of removing evil, satanic boogers from your nose, thus enabling you to "cleanse yourself of every defilement of the flesh." Therefore, like wedding rings and anniversaries, we must consider the meaning they have NOW, and not what they may have represented to people centuries or millenia ago.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Handkerchiefs are fine as long as they are not used to conceal the sin of onanism - socks must still be used for this purpose until new light is shed on the matter.

• badboy
    badboy

I understand that priests usedto use them,plus the handkerchiefs used by morris men were used to frighten evil spirits away.something like that.

• jula71
    jula71

Crumpet.....I just had to look up "onanism." Oh my......

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

I thought handkerchiefs were an essential part of a JW woman's wardrobe (in the event of impromtu prayer).

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Onanism - manual stimulation of the genital organs (of yourself or another) for sexual pleasure.

Oh my, indeed!

If the JWs have to give up the use of handkerchiefs... does that mean that the gals wouldn't be able to cover their heads?

Regards,

Jim TX

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I agree with Crumpet actually...t'would be a sin to use a hanky for such onanistic purposes...plus it would be damn impractical if you mistakenly replaced it in your pocket, or indeed waved it about in a morris dance afterwards!!!

This thread is definately headed for the adult section....

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Handkerchiefs are fine as long as they are not used to conceal the sin of onanism - socks must still be used for this purpose until new light is shed on the matter.

God has provided hankerchiefs to his people with the approval of his earthly organization for the wholesome and sacred purpose of booger removal from the body he has given us (specifically the nose part of the body). Clearly such use of a hankerchief as you describe would be a gross unnatural use of one of God's provisions. Such perversions of what is holy have no place among God's people and would subject one to removal from his righteous congregation. Similarly, socks have a natural purpose which is self-evident from their construction, and are not intended for twisted activities such as you describe. One who misuses socks in such a manner would be properly viewed by true Christians in the same way as a hanky Onanist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit