WWJD?

by Pwned 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pwned
    Pwned

Would Jesus have shunned any member of his family? I asked my Dad that question and we've had a normal relationship ever since.

Has anyone tried this with their family?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I imagine most witnesses would just say that WWJD is just a worldy saying, and dismiss any further talking.

That being said, yes, I agree, that Jesus would not have shunned his family.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

see ... i thought that stood for Who Would Jesus Do?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

For a worldly saying it was used often enough by elders giving me lectures.

Should I go to University?.......................WWJD?

Should I pursue a career?.......................WWJD?

Every question that is asked is answered with the same comment;

In answer to the question though, Jesus would not have shunned any member of his family.

Kind regards

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

WWJD? A stupid question IMO

The fact is, we know that Jesus came and lived amongst humankind in his time i.e. 2,000 years ago.

So, there are many things he did that we don't do, just as there are many things we do that he didn't. It's simply how society lives today.

Take the trivial example of men's trousers. WWJD? Well, he never wore them, so should we? yet who would take this seriously.

We could probably think of many such examples.

The christian teaching is that Jesus reigns eternally. What Joe wears to the meeting on Sunday is hardly the earth-shattering concern to Jesus that it seems to have to the minions of the WTS.

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• mnb77
    mnb77

I don't believe jesus would do some thing like that, but i know that there is a statement in the bible that you have to love god more than you brother or sister or mother or father type of thing, but i dont believe the practices of the JW are validated by the that scripture in the bible

**Matthew 10:37 - He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me**

mnb77

• doogie
    doogie

"Jesus!?! i thought it was for 'Jepedo'!!" - homer

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Who Wants Jelly Donuts?

• Winston Smith :>D
  • Simon
    Simon

A bit off topic but I like the "WWJD" type T-shirts: Who Would Jesus Bomb?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit