Restricted Relationship... :-(

by Innocent_By-Stander 13 Replies latest social relationships

• talesin
    talesin

I had read, but missed the ages.

Having been one of those girls myself, not too many years ago, I can tell you this.

JW girls can be very shiny. Very sheltered and naive. It is dazzling, because nowadays it is rare.

It's just part of the package, and all that dazzle can hide a world of hurt inside.

That's how I was, and I broke the heart of the guy I dazzled. He was my way out (even though I was naive enough at the time to believe I loved him).

I would not want to see that happen to you. The thread Euph suggested is a good one.

talesin

• Innocent_By-Stander
    Innocent_By-Stander

Elaborate..what do you mean he was your "way out"...?

• Valis
  • love11
    love11

Affection to a "worldly" boy would be reason for her to be called into an elders meeting.

An elders meeting is when they talk to you in private and say officially that you are now bad association. Her name will be read in front of her entire congregation and her friends will no longer be allowed to talk to her outside of the kingdumb hall. That is why she is afraid to show her affection towards you out in public. Alot is at stake here and she could stand to lose alot.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you are very naive. You have no idea how this will tear her family apart. Her father may even lose his title as an elder because their thinking is- if he can't handle his own daughter how can he handle the responsibilities of taking care of the whole congregation.

With that said, if you two are really meant to be together than you may help her make it out of that religion. But don't force it because she will only resent you for losing the life she once had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit