Does Anyone Really Celebrate The Last Supper As Commanded In The Bible?

by adelmaal 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ticker
    Ticker

Yes the world wide church of God has changed and revised its Doctrines since the death of former founder and leader Herbert W. Armstrong. Sorry but its hard to remember every element of every cult. Apparently now it has shed its cultic begginings and embraced orthodox christianity. A full fledged apology was issued to all members after the death of H. Armstrong for the misuse and misguidance caused by its original doctrines.

Here is the quoted information about this from the Apologetics index. "Throughout most of its history, the Worldwide Church of God - founded and led by Herbert W. Armstrong - was, theologically, a cult of Christianity. Among other things, it rejected the doctrine of the Trinity, the bodily resurrection of JesusOff-site Link, and salvation by grace through faith aloneOff-site Link.

Sociologically, the movement had many the characteristics of cults from a sociological perspective', CAPTION, 'Additional Information', SNAPX, '15', STICKY, TIMEOUT, '6000');" onmouseout="return nd();">cultic elements as well.

However, starting in the mid 1980's under Joseph Tkach Sr, and later his son, Joseph Tkach Jr. - the church's current leader - the Worldwide Church of God has undergone major changes in doctrine to the extend that is has rejected its heretical teachings, and instead has embraced orthodox Christianity. " Thanks for pointing that out to me Adelmaal. Ticker

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I attended the Lord's Supper at the Catholic Church Thursday evening and we did all the things prescribed in the Gospels, including the washing of the feet.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Our church does the communion with grape juice and matzo crackers. At our small group that night, we also did a Passover Seder, the communion, and then finally feet washing. We did the feet washing with a reading from Max Lucado's "Just Like Jesus". Chapter two talks about the humility it took for him to do that, especially with Judas...knowing that all his apostles would leave him. It was a pretty amazing experience. One I know reminded me of the reason for the season.

• Gordy
    Gordy

John is the only one who mentions the feet washing episode. Also it says that "The evening meal was being served" while Jesus was doing the feet washing.

Would that not mean then that to celebrate the Last Supper as it is in the Bible. We should also partake of the roast lamb and herbs that was served as well?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit