• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Anyone remember AussieBears? Yummmm...

J

• talesin
    talesin

No, Jeannie. Can you give us a piccie?

BD

Truth! I can eat very little sugar, so I usually develop a ritual of savoring every bite of the occasional sweet treat. ;)

The creme egg thingy is not the only treat I savor, and I can still have this one ...

ice cream --- with hot fudge syrup, lots of it (but overall, a small serving). sprinkled with cashew bits. each spoonful must have liberal amounts of hot fudge & nuts. and I eat from the outside in. the soft outer edges of the ice cream blend better w/ the chocolate, and there's no ice-cream headache from eating a too-hard/too-cold piece! whipped cream is optional.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................

hehehe

hot fudge sundae, anyone?

t /

* sorry to get off topic, I was just fantasizing about the sundae ... all this talk of chocolate *

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Guess I'm really dating myself here because according to the net, they havn't been made since the '80s...too bad too, they were good.

http://www.inthe80s.com/food/a.shtml

Aussie Bear I think it came to America in '83 or early '84. It was a milk chocolate koala bear candy bar filled with caramel. I am not sure how long it was around before it came to America but they advertised it like it was a popular snack in Australia and now "You can get Aussie Bars right here"! That could have just been an advertising kind of stunt. Another commercial had kids singig "Aussie Bear....Aussie Bear..." I am not sure when they were no longer available but they were quite tasty.
    Aussie Bear chocolates I think aussie bears are the same thing as Caramello Koalas. They are on the website for Cadbury Australia, www.cadbury.com.au They can be found under 'choose a product', then 'kids confectionary'
  • talesin
    talesin

I don't think I've ever heard of them, but they sound yum.

We have a store here that sells candies and all kinds of specialty stuff like that from the 60s/70s and up. It's called "Freak LunchBox". I'll have to go and see if they have them. I noticed on the 'net (went looking around a bit from yr link to google) they are still available! But would have to come from Oz.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit