spanish congregations vs english

by Pwned 14 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Right on DL1976 the Spanish congo here is lots more conservative than the English. Though they do seem to be more morally conservative they do have a tendency to disregard direction from the branch.

Its kind of a strange role reversal. They are willing to kick someone out of the congo, or bust an elder or ms down for the slightest infraction, but are lax in following the branches directives. We hardly ever take extreme judicial action but follow every new direction from the branch to a tee.

It seems like the English are more concerned with the organizational policy and the Spanish with the spiritual aspect I guess.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I attend a Spanish KH.

Spanish elders and others interfere a lot more in your private life.

Believe it or not, there's a race and economical class issue in the current congregation I attend.

Same thing, different languages, in my view.

DY

• M.J.
    M.J.

Yeah, from my outsider perspective I think the Spanish ones generally are more mystical in their thinking and this reflects in their zeal and also magnifies their fear of being out of favor with Jehovah-organization ("Jehovanization"?). Thus, I think that they are more "hard core" in strictness and devotion and less prone to independent thought.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Why on earth would anyone think that Northern Europeans would be stuffy and Southern Europeans show more passion.

• G Money
    G Money

I've been to both.

Spanish are more warm and friendly. They all watch R rated movies with no problems, even elders and MS. When you go to the meeting you shake everyone's hand. They also have many outside activities. They are pretty strict. If a single brother was to meet a single sister for lunch, that could be a no no unless there was a 3rd person. Also no people with feigned illnesses as you have in the english. Very zealous in the ministry. I've seen pioneer brothers work 2 jobs and be out doing street work at 10pm!!!! They also gossip but its not jealous gossip, just what you are doing. Although when I attended with a visiting friend (female) and she sat next to me, word spread I was married. Yes, you really can't sit next to someone of the opposite sex if you are single or it is assumed you are engaged / married.

I think the Spanish are more spiritual and family oriented. Tend to have extended family living with them as the white people kick their kids out at 18 unless they pioneer, that isn't the case necessarily with the spanish. They also have parties and are balanced and can have fun with zero alcohol.

My only beef is that the single sisters in the US are a bit thick and hairy for my taste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit