Can Quiting Smoking make you sexual?

by Sparkplug 23 Replies latest social physical

• DHL
    DHL

Oooops, have just seen you're female, too!

Anyway, that is my true opinion. I hate getting close to people who smoke. So, yes, stop smoking can make one more attractive to me.

• prophecor
    prophecor

or is it this irritability frustration that could be solved with some "cuddling?" "chompin at the bit"
    Sorry Sparkplug, no ammount of cuddling is going to make any difference, and besides, we all know what cuddling usually leads to, and what do you do after that, seks & cigarettes in cases of such, usually go hand to mouth and as for chompin' at the bit, careful you don't bite it off from the angst of withdrawl!!!

• pleaseer2001
    pleaseer2001

Sparkplug.......I tried to quit before Xmas and I just about made it! It really is hard....I do want to quit but have tried the patch.....omg headaches!!!!!

Then there is the happy go lucky P2 when quiting.......more like Get the **** out of my way!

I wish there was a magic thing I could tell ya...I would try it too...but for some reason cinnamon gum helped!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oooooo... please don't say "cuddle" and "chew" in the same sentence! That is a very scary (and potentially painful) thought!

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen

For my husband's sake I hope so!!

I had my last cig Friday nite. I woke up Saturday with an empty pack and a bowl full of butts. I picked thru them, found one long enough to light, and found my lighter was empty. I took that as a sign. I had been meaning to quit for a while, especially since my dad has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. At least I won't reek when I visit him. I made it thru Saturday, but by Sunday was at the Walgreens giving them $40.00 for a starter kit of Nicorette Gum. I did not attack the box right away, but waited till the stress got to me. Had two pieces by the time I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night sick as a dog, thought it was the gum that did it to me, only to realize I had the flu. By the time I had recovered enough to stand up I had the nicodemon baked out of my system. It has been a mind game ever since.

I have lurked this site http://www.quitnet.com/, and have found some helpful ideas. I use the word NOPE like a mantra meaning Not One Puff Ever. Since I have the drug out of my system and don't want to put any more in with the gum, I use NACHO meaning Not Another Chew, Hold On. I am lucky too, because I am not around any smokers.

By the way Sparkplug, I no longer need this box of gum. Please PM me if you would like to give it a try.

Laura~SlaveNoMore (and sexier too, I hope!)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I've heard before that smokers have less sexual drive than non-smokers, also their fertility rate is much lower than that of non-smokers, and a higher risk of early onset of impotence.

So perhaps by quitting the person will regain more sexual drive, fertility, and virility. Wonderful incentives to quit, don't you all think?

DY

• Little Red Hen
    Little Red Hen
    So perhaps by quitting the person will regain more sexual drive, fertility, and virility. Wonderful incentives to quit, don't you all think?

DY, I think I would prefer the "cuddle" and "chew" that Elsewhere is so afraid of to being fertile.

changing my mantra to nacho ~ not another child here ok?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Mac prophecor pleaseaseer2001 Elsewhere Little Red Hen Doubtfully Yours ........

You all are so very funny, I was able to quit for the first time before xmass. Then, well when my Gams got ill and then my coworker died... that was it. I started to smoke again. And I hit it like I never stopped. Well, I used Wellbutrin to stop that time and it really worked.

So ashamed of myself I went back to the doctor and asked for more the other week.... Well I think the dose was too low, for all it did was make every other one yucky. So with much more embarrasment I went to the doctors and he up'ed the dose. So tomorrow I am trying a bit harder. For as soon as I tried to fall asleep, after writing that last night...well...I was wide awake. At 3 or so, I went and smoked just to rest. Then I overslept, and having changed job duties all went wrong today.

I think life would have went better had I cuddled and smoked. At any rate. Round about Saturday these things should taste like crud....Nasty as they look. Thanks for the support everyone. I think that had to be one of the dumbest things I have ever done, oh next to working in a country bar...once. Yeeh haw

after all I have these to think about...

• prophecor
    prophecor

Adorable little ones, I know you'll be successful in your campaign. Even if you give out, don't ever give up. Quitting the Newports for me, took several attempts, but any amount of fight is worth it. Blessings to you and yours Sister Sparkplug.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

when I quit smoking many years ago I ended up having more sex -guess smoking is a turn-off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit