Can Quiting Smoking make you sexual?

by Sparkplug 23 Replies latest social physical

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, loosing my damnable mind over here. I have not smoked today and I am ready to climb the walls....so, with that said, Is it just me?.... or is it this irritability frustration that could be solved with some "cuddling?" "chompin at the bit"

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hmmm. Smoking is a difficult and harmful addiction. You may use me to get over this dreaded vice. Please be gental.

GBL

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

GBL--I should have known... Is this gental or genital... Funny. But I really was serious... Is this a normal thing. I have tried to quit before and have gotten violently ill. But today I am pacing the floor and reallly angry aggressive...therefore my earlier post in regards to baptism questions. Just cant hold my anger, agression or well other things...

• FMZ
    FMZ

Sparky... c'mere... We'll put it to the test :)

Might just be a "my comforter is gone, I need something / someone else to comfort me" kinda reaction.

FMZ

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

FMZ-That is what I am thinking. You know how they tell you to chew on a straw. Ohhh that gives me a great question.. Who all here is a smoker?

• FMZ
    FMZ

Social smoker only here, no addiction fortunately.

You tried gum, or silly putty?

FMZ

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Working my way thru a bag of oranges...A BAG. Gum might be smarter...cant believe I did not remember that.

• Mac
    Mac

Smoking oysters can!

mac

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Sparkplug, I smoked for about 5 years after walking away from the Hall, the only thing that saved me was the patch, this November will be 4 years for me. Cold turkey is a ---ch to do. It's painful, it's overwhelming, as your body is fighting against it natural inclination for the food of addiction that is nicotine. For me it also came down to dollars, I stopped working a few years ago and knew I could never afford the habit, I also knew that if I didn't stop then, that my addiction would cross over to taking food off the table for me and my family, so I bought the bullet, spent the $50.00 bucks for two weeks worth of 21mg. nicotine patches and just held on for two weeks, actually, once I got into the first week, I was OK. The first 72 hours are the roughest and thats cold turkey, the patch affords you the subtle pleasure of nicotine without having to light up, I believe it to be mostly a matter of behaviour modification after that, once you no longer need to light up, and once that behaviour has been reduced, you might be able to do without the patch sooner, but I'd try it for two weeks, if you could. Cigarettes are clocking $5.00 bucks plus a pack in PA. I know I was smoking a pack a day, so you can do the math. I wish you well in your journey, my favorite smoke was the Newport Regulars, they were my best friend as they would give me the room to not think about my problems for that moment while smoking, but my problems were so intense that it was frightening the degree I was investing energy in the actual smoking. One cigarette I could swallow the smoke in less than two minutes. I couldn't smoke with any calmness, being able to savor or enjoy it, it was a marathon hurry, hurry, hurry thru this thing and its a wonder I don't have lung cancer. I've spent more time on this planet as a smoker as opposed to not. I know the struggle, I hope you can kick it. You're a very attractive sister, and it would be nice to keep you around as long as humanly possible. Honestly; Arthur

• DHL
    DHL

I don't want to kiss someone who smells like an ashtray. So quit it and then we'll see ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit