Analyze this: The newly revised questions for baptism

by ezekiel3 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Neo
    Neo

Welcome bonnzo! That was what I was thinking too. Compare the questions for baptism with the biblical account:

Act 16:30 Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
    Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.
    Act 16:32 And they spake the word of the Lord unto him, with all that were in his house.
    Act 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, immediately.
    Act 16:34 And he brought them up into his house, and set food before them, and rejoiced greatly, with all his house, having believed in God.

Curiously, a few NT manuscripts add more info into the eunuch account in the empty verse 37:

Act 8:36 And as they went on the way, they came unto a certain water; and the eunuch saith, Behold, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
    Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thy heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
    Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.
  • mamochan13
    mamochan13

thanks for posting this info, ezekial3. wow.

I also appreciate the suicide reference - I was looking for that one.

I look forward to further insights regarding this book.

• Mac
    Mac

And still no reference is made to the crossing of fingers during the big dunk...

when will they ever learn?

mac, reversed when immersed class

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    21. What does the Bible say about fornication, which includes adultery, sexual relations with another person of the same sex, and other ungodly sexual conduct?

Did anyone else catch this comment....What do they mean? That god does not believe in or have sex? Does this make any sense? If God created us and gave us sex organs and the ability to climax you would think sex is ok, right? What sexual act is consisdered godly?

Dragonlady76

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Matthew 28, was baptism in the name of Father Son and Holy Spirit.

First they got rid of Holy Spirit in baptism questions ("in the name of the Father and Son in association with Spirit directed organisation")

Now they get rid of mention of Father and Son too. Can we now safely say that JWs do not practise Christian Baptism?

I think too that the "hygeine" questions on disease are a form of paranoia, especially in countires where highly contageous illnesses, such as hemorragic fevers, and other infectious fevers can be passed on.

But don't imagine it is a "Lurving Provision" - they just don't want to be sued if someone dies of an infection picked up at the Kingdumb Hell, or a baptism pool in Shimmy Shangaville.

HB

• lurk
    lurk

blonde posted .................. *** g94 3/22 p. 15 Helping Those With AIDS *** The prudent AIDS sufferer realizes that others are sensitive about this disease. Therefore, out of respect for the feelings of those who want to be of assistance, it would be better for the AIDS victim not to initiate public displays of affection such as hugging and kissing. Even if there is little or no possibility that such gestures could communicate the disease, this restraint will show that the victim is considerate of others, thus engendering similar consideration in return.
    Realizing that many have fears of the unknown, the person with AIDS should not be quick to take offense if he or she is not invited to private homes right away or if it seems that a parent restricts a child from being in close contact with him or her. And if one of the Congregation Book Studies is held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah?s Witnesses, it may be wise for one with AIDS to choose to attend there, rather than in a private home, unless that one has discussed the situation with the householder.

Are these the same ppl that published an article about the catholic church's response to Galileo Galilei claim that the earth went round the sun.? The idea being the JW's are not ignorant like other so called christians.Arn't they always publishing scientific articles showing how enlightening they are ,boasting about how well educated young JW's are and how impressed teachers are with them?.Love to see a teachers view of this sanctamonious crappola.

To say a person with HIV should not even hug or kiss in public is truely ignorant disgusting disgracefull and cruel way to treat a nother human , a sad sign of the mentality they want to spread among those young shining becones fo true love as apposed to worthless wordly love.

I'm sure this really helps anyone with AIDS to feel love, cared for and still a valued human being.

the WTs has literally told a sick person possibly near death to keep out of everyones way ,how to think and feel about there own illness to suit everyone elses ignorance .

truely sickening

great thread BTW

lurk

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

For those who asked about the legality of asking or requiring someone to identify themselves as having a disease....

If this were a business or employment situation it would CLEARLY be illegal.....HOWEVER...religious organizations (and a few others) are exempt from complying with the "Federal" non-discrimination laws that would cover this.

There may be some States that cover them but if there are they would be few and far between.

Disgusting...but true I'm afraid.

• mnb77
    mnb77

I couldn't imagine how they got along with out these instructions!

mnb77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit