elders visit

by stopthepain 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

stopthepain,

Good going. I hope you reach your family members and not loose them.

Good Luck and keep the strength!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Although I have unloaded through the years, I have found that it's just best to leave it alone, and just get along with everyone and if someone forces something on you, to counter them with your knowledge. Not in a h ateful way, but in a knowledgeable way. You're not going to change their minds through bulldozer techniques, you're only going to make them stalwart in their tracks.

All you can do is show the unconditional love that they are unaware of.. and it will grow from there.

CG

• Flash
    Flash

I've been hearing a lot of good things here about the Crisis of Conscience book. Would your depressed sister read it?

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I don't think she is at that point yet.Her husband is still a witness ,and goes thru phases of spirituality!He might hit the roof if she tells him what I said.I don't care though.I am ready for all comers.

• love11
    love11

I was disfellowshipped at 18. After I decided that was really IT. I did some research. I showed my mom what I had found out. I thought, if someone knew something like this- I would want to know. She said that she could see she needs to cut off ties from me. She told me, "If you and your family are not going to be in the Paradise,than I might as well get used to it now". We have not spoken in about 7 years and she's never even seen my son. I hope you are prepared for whatever happens in your situation and realize that some people are comfortable with the life they have. Even if that life is full of disfunction and lies. It's only natural to see a disaster and try to save everyone you know from it, but sometimes people don't want to be saved. Hopefully, that's not the case with your family, like it has been with all of ours.

• Flash
    Flash
    I don't care though.I am ready for all comers.

I understand...Prepare yourself, choose your battles and stick to documented FACTS or chances are you'll be DF'd and it will be much harder to help your family if they can't talk or associate with you.

I did like how you took control of the conversation. The Elders always try to take the high ground and keep us on the defensive.

• Maverick
    Maverick

There is a lot of anger in your posts but that is to be expected. I still have a lot of unresolved animosity toward the WTS and the only thing that holds me back is the fact my GF is a pretend JW. So out of respect for her I don't take a more active, "pain in the butt" stance against the local Nit-Witnesses.

Do not let this consume you. The best way to counter the BS of the WTS is to live a happy and successful life. Good Luck!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

STP, I applaud your courage to stand up to the elders who came to your door. They sure can be shovey at times. And it was good that you were adamant with them by telling them in no uncertain terms you don't want to talk to them about anything.

It was a wise move on your part, especially if you think someone in the family may have asked them to check up on you etc.

STP, after reading what you mentioned about your sisters depression and rotten marrriage and now a new member of the family the baby, have you considered the fact that your dear sister may be suffering from

"Post Pardum Depression", This is not uncommon with new moms and it can be very debilating in many ways. May I suggest you do a little research on this subject and see if this is how your sister is feeling. I hope it helps.

www.workingtowardrecovery.com/ post-pardum

Be true to yourself and I just know that with a little time all this pain will pass.

All the very best

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit