Vancouver, Canada - Born and raised Calgarian

by Mr.D.Frost 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mr.D.Frost
    Mr.D.Frost

I've stumbled upon this site, while reading many articles after giving up trying to find out what time the memorial is. Though After reading allot over the last little while. I am not too concerned about the memorial either anymore. A little about myself. My name is David, a nd like mentioned above I was born and raised in

It was like most others I imagine, where the interest in the religion slowly departed. But unsure of what to do, I kept at it. Sorta. I eventually moved out of province to start a new life. Though I was never fully set in my ways. It was until only a few years back that it came to me. An epiphany of sorts. It just made sense. And so taking my new found mind set. I wrote my folks a letter. Roughly about 10pages, putting everything in my head on paper. Sent it out. Asking to be disassociated for the organization.

It was/still is a rough road. But I stand by my choices more so now than ever. It?s hard to not be able to speak with my family. I love them dearly. However I would no longer stand for living a life I do not agree with, only to make other people happy. I am surrounded my ?worldly? people, that to this day. Baffle my mind as to how caring they are, and how quickly they embraced me within their group. Made me wonder even more.

Brief summary. As Ive seen some of the posts here. J

I am confused however as to what this community is about? I see posts on people going to meetings, and those opposed, and don?t/haven?t for years.

Could someone shed some light on this community, and what its all about??

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi, welcome to the board. We have a mix of just about everything up in this mofo. Its like a caberet or something.

GBL

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome to JWD, Mr.D.Frost

I felt the same when I first saw this, having grown up in and left the JW as well. It was strange to know there is a whole community of truth-seekers out here in cyberspace, making their escape from the Tower.

Sit down, kick off your shoes, and set a spell.

talesin

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome to this mixed community of ex-JWs and 'spiritualy weak' JWs!

I'm one of the 'spiritually weak' ones. I'm still physically a JW, although not mentally/emotionally, because if I were to walk out completely my family, being the fanatic JWs as they are, would probably never speak to me again. I'm not ready for that type of rejection just yet. I happen to love my family, and some other 'spiritually weaklings' very much.

It's fun here. We love to rip the WTBTS apart whenever we get a chance. Again, welcome.

DY

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Welcome to the board!

I'm a rabid apostate and demons fly out of my nostrils every time I see a JW. (j/k)

Walter

• kls
    kls

I GET IT ,,,,,,,,,,MR D. FROST AS IN DEFROST,,,,,,,,,,,RIGHT?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

WELCOME,,,,,THIS SITE IS MUTTS VILLE ,WE GOT IT ALL

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Mr. Frost, welcome to the best witches brew of folks you'll be likely to meet. I think you'll fit right in here.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Hey KLS, some of us are purebreeds. **sniffs haughtily**

• kls
    kls

Who let the dogs in here ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,get your nose outa my butt

• Mr.D.Frost
    Mr.D.Frost

lol. so many responses. seems like a lively community. Anyone here from Canada?? kls - no actually, I'm just a cold mofo. ;) - name was given to me. Frosty. revised to what you see now ;) thanks for the welcome(s) all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit